Home Buying in Astoria>Question Details

lily45, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

I am looking to buy a single family house in bayside or floral park area under 440k.

Asked by lily45, Queens, NY Thu Feb 28, 2013

I am looking to buy a single family house in bayside or floral park area under 440k. A local realtor has shown me two properties. I have met him only once, since then he keeps calling me at his own convenience with info of one or two propeties that would be least of my interest. I have no problem working with him but the problem is that he does this as part time, he has another job. The point is he is not very flexible with time. So basically I doing my own home searching, yet he kept insisting that if I visit an open house I mention him as my agent. This is in my opinion is very unfair because he has never accompanied me to an open house or provide me with any info on those properties. Anyone has any suggestions?

Answers

11
Lily, I'm not a Realtor, but I've worked with them for close to a decade now. I suggest you find a full time Realtor who knows Bayside. There's several Realtors I can recommend. I will say this, I know that from time to time, even though you're working with a Realtor or two, you'll find yourself in situations were you walk into an open house without your agent and you should inform then of your Realtor. The good Realtors work hard and dedicate much of their time to helping buyers such as yourself find their homes. It would be a shame if they lost the opportunity to sell you a home because of that one time you happen to pass by an open house and didn't mention your Realtor. Also want to say that it is possible that some of the open houses you visited we're exclusive listings. In this case, your Realtor couldn't of known it was on the market because that house wouldn't show up on MLS.

Definitely speak to other agents and consider working with the one you feel confident will give you the time you need and show you everything that's available out there as oppose to just what they want to show you.

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
You want to work with someone because you feel comfortable with them and they provide value. If they aren't bringing anything to the table I wouldn't feel obligated to work with them. You have to do what's best for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2013
Consider having a discussion with your agent and express your concerns. If the chat is unsatisfactory to you, and you have no signed agreement, you are free to work with whoever you wish....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2013
I hope you were able to find a good agent. If not, do let me know. Maybe, I could find you a home in Floral Park. I am full-time agent and my primary focus area is Floral Park; currently I have two listings in this area alone. Call me at 917-280-0772.
Good Luck.
Kumar
call me

Joanna

Honest Agent

646-468-4072
Hi Lily, it might still be feasible depending on what part of Floral Park you are looking in; the Nassau County side still has inventory in your price range however it also has higher property taxes and a few different school districts to choose from but you'll be hard pressed to find the same case on the Queens side where asking prices are much higher and property taxes are lower. If you prefer the Queens side of Floral Park, you're looking at a semi-attached or fully attached property in that price range. Bayside is a high end area as well with prices starting at $489k.
Hi my name is karl i can assist you by getting your dream house. I see where you are doing your own research that is helfull but first you have to qualify for a mortgage that you did not mentioned. I can help you on that also.
Please call me at 718-341-9477.

Karl
I f you are need real estate agent feel free to call me and lets start working.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
call me at

646-468-4072

Joanna

Honest agent
Lily

Floral Park, on the Long Island side has 17 homes For Sale priced under $440,000. The lowest price Bayside home is $489,00.

Keep in mind that homes in Long Island will have higher property and school taxes, so that a home in Queens might provide a lower monthly payment.

Both neighborhoods are nice places to live, but a Full-time agent can help you with all your choices.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Good Luck,

David Callaghan
Keller Williams Lamdmark Realty
32-55 Francis Lewis Blvd
Bayside, NY 11358

917-747-5528
David@ForSaleByDave.com
Hi Lily.

I am working as as a Buyer's Agent because I believe that buyers have the right for a one-on-one proffessional assistance, advice and full representation by their own realtor for their best interests in the process.

If you did not sign a Buyer/Agent Agreement with your current agent, you are free to choose another agent whom you feel comfortable with.

Feel Free to contact me at 917-705-3717 if you have any question.

Have a Great and Successful Day -

Yael Shanee
Exit Kingdom Realty.