Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Karen Hoctor, Other/Just Looking in Phoenix, AZ

I am looking to buy a short sale house

Asked by Karen Hoctor, Phoenix, AZ Mon Jul 2, 2012

3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms would like a pool, I am easy so please help me?

Answers

13
Tim Moore’s answer
Why must it be a short sale house? Why look at just those? If you found a great house at a good price and it was not a short sale (which are trouble, can take a long time to close, and might never close at all) would you not make an offer on it? You would have an answer in 1-2 days rather than waiting 1-2 months to hear NO. Find a Realtor in your area, speak to a lender and go look at some homes in the price range you want, both shorts, bank owned and regular ones.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 2, 2012
Hi Karen,

What area are you interested in? I work and live in the north valley and would like to help you. I would like to get a little more information from you. Please give me a call @ (602) 524-4787 and we can discuss your specific criteria in further detail.

Stan Chernecki
Over 30 years experience
Devstar Realty
Karen,

Please feel free to call me.

I think the questions we first need to ask is , Do you want to buy a short sale house, or are you looking for a house to live in?

Buying a short sale is not always the deal they used to be. The banks now have whole departments dedicated to getting as much value out of the home as possible. They also have appraisers set value for these homes. The banks have become more sophisticated with the process and the great deals that used to exist in short sales are becoming harder to find.

Now the banks have become more sophisticated, and sellers of normal properties have become more realistic about what their homes are really worth the good homes are being purchased at market price.

If I were buying a home to live in, I would not narrow my search to just short sale homes.

I would look at all homes and find the property that was best for me, then negotiate a price that is also in your benefit.

If you have any other questions about short sales please feel free to give me a call.

John
602-625-4675
Karen,
Will really need to know the area, house size, price range and financing type (or cash). Lender owned may apply as well!
Feel free to contact me directly.
Regads,
Jamie Opic PLLC
Certified Short Sale Property Expert
CNE, CSSPE,CLS
West USA, Kierland
480-220-6977 Direct
Jamie@JamieOpic.com
http://www.JamieOpic.com
Please feel free to contact me.

As someone who has bought and sold many short sale properties I can tell you the right Realtor can make all the difference.

Please feel free to contact me to receive a list of short sale properties available for you.

John Forsyth
602-625-4675

or go to my website at http://www.DesertHomesCentral.com
Hi Karen,

Thank you for your inquiry. I would be happy to help you find a home but will need more specific information regarding the criteria you are interested. I would like to ask that you contact me directly @ (602)524-4787 so we can talk in more detail about your realestate needs and what area of Arizona you are interested. The more information I have from you the better. I have been in the realestate business for over 30 years and would like to help make your home buying journey a smooth one.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Stan Chernecki
Devstar Realty
(602) 524-4787
Hi Karen-
I specialize in the northwest valley. Not sure where you are looking to buy, but there are some great deals out there if you have a good realtor who will go the extra mile for you! I would be happy to help you find your dream home. I am a full time realtor and have helped many people find their dream home. Give me a call today!

Jodi Fishback, Realtor
AZ Premier Realty
7200 W. Bell Rd.,Ste. I-400
Glendale, AZ 85308
602-321-1290
http://www.jodisellshomes.listingbook.com
Karen, I'm not sure why you are focused on a short sale house but my guess is you think it will be cheaper. This is not really so any longer. Also, while 2 years ago, short sales formed the biggest number of sales in our market, they are now shrinking drastically as a proportion of total sales, so there is far less incentive for you to focus on short sales.

As you're probably aware, the market is hot right now: few listings and plenty of buyers. Competition is strong for pretty much anything under $300,000.

I'd love to speak with you to find out more about you situation, and see if we can address your needs.

Ann Griffin, REALTOR, ABR, E-Pro
Coldwell Banker Trails and Paths
480-789-9584
anngmesa@gmail.com
Hi Karen. A lot of good answers here. I'd like to add a few thoughts though.

---Interview several agents to find one you click with.
--- Never buy the listing of the agent who represents you. Always have your own agent dedicated to your safety, needs and representation.
--- Make sure the person you end up hiring has lots of experience. Perhaps 10+ years.
--- Work with them to form a strong game plan. Pre planning is essential to success.
--- Get your financing figured out before you start looking at homes. This is a key element in your pre-planning work.
--- As part of the interview process talk to the agent's most recent 3-4 clients.
--- Make sure the agent is full time in the business. This is not a part-time business.
--- Make sure your agent has stong knowledge of the area you want to live.

We have a number of other good questions on our web site in the home buyers section too. Hope this is helpful.

Gene
Hi Karen,
The prices of homes are moving up right now and the inventory is at the lowest it's been since 2005. Expect multiple offers on most short sale and bank owned homes at this point. It is a good idea to have a realtor on your side looking for new listings as they come on the market since they are going so quickly. If you would like to contact me please give me a call.
Good Luck
Lorrie Feld
Keller Williams Integrity First
480.570-1074
Lfeld@azrealtygroup.com
So you don’t really want to buy a house? I can’t get the guys at my office to agree on where to go for lunch, and you want a bank to agree to cut a borrower free?

It happens but so do sightings of unicorns and leprechauns. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I have 2 homes coming to market this week. Please contact me to schedule time to discuss price, location, and method of financing.

Looking forward to work with you.

Milly Casas

Milly Sells AZ
I am a real estate agent and I can help you find your new home! I have worked with many buyers and have a extensive experience dealing with short sales. Feel free to call me at 480 382 9681 and we can start working together.