Home Buying in Lancaster>Question Details

Foostergaus, Home Buyer in Nashville, TN

I am looking to buy a property to rent out in Lancaster, PA. Which areas would be easiest to rent out and may rise the most in value over 30 yrs?

Asked by Foostergaus, Nashville, TN Wed Aug 14, 2013

Answers

5
That's a great question! Lancaster has a vast array of opportunities to buy rental properties and each area has it's benefit. When would be a good time to connect to go over this in more detail?

Eric Miller, Realtor
717-575-6147
ericmiller309@live.com
I would suggest trying the suburbs with the best highway access first. For example, Manheim Twp,, East and West Hempfield Townships, All have excellent direct access to major commuting routes 283, 30, 501, 222, and 272. This makes for easy access to Harrisburg, Reading, York, Lancaster City, and even Baltimore and Philadelphia. These properties may be slightly more pricey, but would command higher rents if in good condition. For long-term investment, they will appreciate at a respectable rate and resale is frequently easier for suburban properties.
Always get a few different opinions. I look for a 10% cap rate and have references available. Check out my profile and contact me directly for strategies and homes ready.
Daniele
Great question! I believe this depends on the amount of investment you can make. Naturally, the more you can spend, the better the location. There are some great school districts and highly desired towns in Lancaster County. Many of which are routinely sought after by tenants with or without children. Lancaster City has much to offer as well, with it's unique character. There are many restaurants, schools, nightlife and many other things that make downtown so attractive.

For a personal consultation, kindly call me at your convenience.

Jeff Snyder, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
717-278-1117
jsnyder@cbsp.com
Throughout the County there is a vast need for quality rentals. To answer your question accurately I would need to better understand your budget, desired property type, and if you are looking for short term tenants, executive rentals, or long term tenants. I have some properties that won't appreciate much in 30 years but generate great cash flow while others are the exact opposite. Feel free to contact me for an available list of properties with personal recommendations.

Mark Rebert, REALTOR®
Prudential Homesale Services Group
150 North Pointe Boulevard
Lancaster, PA 17601
(717)742-0778 Direct
(717)560-9100 Office
(717)569-7943 Fax
http://www.lancohomesale.com
mrebert@prudentialhomesale.com

Licensed in Pennsylvania