Denise, Home Buyer in Saint Louis, MO

I am looking to buy a 2nd home in FL until I can get down there to retire permanently. I am looking into mobile home communities where you own the

Asked by Denise, Saint Louis, MO Fri Feb 7, 2014

land, what lenders lend on mobile homes in that situation, or if I purchase a SFH what are good ones? Also, how many months after a Ch 7 bankruptcy before one is able to get another mortgage? I kept my home in another state during the bankruptcy and have been paying on it.

Answers

7
Your Chapter 7 needs to be 2 years old. The manufactured lenders that I work with will also require a 620 credit score.
Getting a loan for an older mobile home is a near impossible task. Lenders will not loan on property that is not insured and since older units don't meet the current code and regulations only newer units are easily insured and therefore able to receive financing.

Just keeping it real.

I'm living in Brooksville/Spring Hill as of now. Its North of Tampa, but it's great here & Cheap. There are 2 communities High Point & Brookridge, very low taxes, beautiful mobile homes, double wides, at all prices and you own your lot. The HOAs are under $50 a month at both places. Community centers, pool, and golf courses in both. They are both gated and are on the main drag with all the shopping you'll ever need. Pine Island beach is a straight shoot right out of the gate, takes about 10-15 minutes. It's big, beautiful and there's a place to eat there, (great food) ! All doctors , hospitals and labs are right out of the gate within a mile away. I also have a block home in Pt Charlotte and did look for mobiles on yr own lot, but they all charge lot rent, I bought my double wide 8 months ago 1900 S.F. For 60,000, and it was move in ready. I've lived all over Fl. And these are the only 2 I have seen where it's nice and you own yr own lot.
Good Luck and Happy Hunting! The zip here is 34613
Sling Hill/ Brooksville, fl, have 2 where you own the lot. The communities are called High Pointe and Brookridge. There are several for sale, here in High Pointe, dues are $72 every 2 months. Clubhouse, pool , activities, tennis and golfing. Most homes are between $40,000-100,000, I bought my 1800 sf home for 62,000. The neighbors are great and the main shopping, hospital, doctor, etc... Are right outside this gated community
Brooksville/SpringHill is located about 50 miles Northwest of Tampa on the Gulf Coast. It tales exactly 52 minutes from my house to get to the Tampa Airport when u use the toll road, it's worth it!
Flag Thu Apr 3, 2014
I know my father used the local bank here, I think it's called Branam. Nat'l Bank. Most will lend money on them because you do own yr own lot, but there is a guideline they use about the age of mobile home
Flag Thu Apr 3, 2014
Debbie, Do you know the name of anyone who lends on mobile homes? Where is Brooksville, FL? I love the dues amount too.
Flag Mon Mar 3, 2014
Contact Ed Buck at Carrington Mortgage to see what your options are for a loan. 239-470-9809. I would be happy to help you. I can set you up in the MLS system to receive listings based on your criteria. You can also search for properties on my web site at: http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Re/Max Palm Realty, Port Charlotte, FL, tammyhayesre@gmail.com
I offer manufactured home loans nationwide. Normally, we can offer financing 2 years from the discharge date of a Ch 7. Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail. Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I have been in the mortgage business since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario. Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - Lending Nationwide Since 1987

http://www.bartprequalifies.com

bart@bartprequalifies.com

800 315 8803

NMLS 20743
Good question Denise. It is still a buyers' market here in Lakeland, FL, the projected trends suggest that prices will be rising by 6.6% over this next year. The best thing you can do is at this time is reach out to a lender to discover what your options are. If you would like I can give you the phone number of a reputable lender, she's really nice and located here in Lakeland,FL. Once we have an idea of where you stand (financially speaking) It should be easy to get you the home you desire.
I am hoping to either buy in Tampa, Bradenton Ft Myers or Port Charlotte. Could that person help me from Lakeland?
Flag Fri Feb 7, 2014