Home Buying in Port Allen>Question Details

Heather, Home Buyer in Livonia, LA

I am looking to buy a house in port allen, la!! I am a first time buyer! and suggestions?

Asked by Heather, Livonia, LA Tue Jan 20, 2009

Answers

7
Heather:

I seem to be arriving late in the conversation, but my name is Shane Warren and I am a licensed Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams Redstick Partners here in Baton Rouge. You have been given some good advice from various persons on this post. I would welcome the opportunity to help you through this process. There are many steps involved in purchasing a house and a realtors responsibility to his/her client (you) is to help them meander through all that is required.

This is not something I would recommend going into alone. A licensed real estate agent can be a huge asset. You need a person on your side who is a trained professional who will look out for your best interests and negotiate on your behalf, someone whom you can trust and who will be loyal to you. And, although you may know this I will mention it anyway, it won't cost you any money as a buyer to enter into an agreement with a realtor to represent you. Realtors commissions are paid by the seller not by the buyer.

If you have not secured a real estate agent to represent you in your endeavor to purchase your home, please contact me at the number below. It would be a sincere privilege to help you buy your first home. We have in house lenders in our office who can pre-qualify you and tell you your buying power so you will know where to start your search. I will walk with you step by step through the entire process. I welcome the opportunity to serve you.

Kindest Regards,

Shane Warren
Keller Williams Redstick Partners
225-921-4097
dswarren0310@att.net
Heather,

I am a residential mortgage lender. I would be happy to discuss options/loan programs with you. Please feel free to contact me at any time. All sellers are going to ask for a pre-approval letter from a lender before they will entertain an offer on their house. I can provide same day pre-approvals. Give me a call and we can take a look at your scenario.

Joe Strother
Sr. Loan Officer
NMLS 81146
225-248-4041 ph
225-341-6941 fax
http://www.resourceonemortgage.com

Joe.strother@resourceonemortgage.com
Heather,

Look at the misery felt by thousands of families losing their homes to foreclosure

My advise to you is to spend no more than 30% of your income on a mortgage.

I didnt say combined income with anyone else, just yours,

You want to be able to afford that house on your own, incase of death, divorce or job loss
Heather,

The responses below are excellent posts! By getting pre approved you will be able to see what your max loan amount would be and what you qualify for, espeically if there is a FHA or USDA program available to you.

I am a mortgage broker. If I can be of service, please let me know!

Martin Smith

Precision Funding
877-238-6324 Ext 704
513-536-7184
877-238-6324 FAX
MSmith@PrecisionFundingUSA.com
http://www.PrecisionFundingUSA.com
Hi Heather,

Your 1st step should be to get pre-approved by a lender, if you have not already. You want to find out how much home you can afford, and allow for other monthy expenses in your budget. Once you do that, find a Realtor to help you find that special home. I would recommend using a local lender. I can recommend several local lenders in the area. And if you need a local Realtor, I would be happy to help you. Happy Home Hunting!
Web Reference: http://www.sweethomerun.com
Heather, I recommend that you find a knowledgable Realtor who can guide and coach you thru the process. Buying a home involves finding the right mortgage to fit you, locating quality service providers for inspections, insurance, closing, etc. Also, protecting your interests and negotiating with knowledge of market. Many things other than just finding the right home.

Also, there are many types of mortgage money available in Louisiana including bond and rural development. Some still with 100% financing if you qualify. Take time to interview Realtors and pick an experienced one you feel comfortable with!
Hi Heather! Congrats!
you first need to talk with a Mortgage Broker - get pre-qualified...together you will be able to figure out what you can afford to purchase and what you'd be comfortable with as far as a monthly mortage payment. then find you a Realtor -he/she will be able to search available listed properties and access homes for you to view. i know a great mortgage broker who'd be happy to help you and a wonderful Realtor in your area.
George at Executive Mortgage 888-993-9303 http://www.ExecutiveMortgagela.com
my name is Erin- let me know if you need help finding a greatRealtor in you're area! erinesoderberg@cox.net
Erin