Home Buying in Henderson>Question Details

vladidadi, Home Buyer in Henderson, NV

I am looking to buy a house in need of repairs for under 90k in Henderson. Where can I get information about possible liens of debts on the property?

Asked by vladidadi, Henderson, NV Thu Feb 7, 2013

Answers

6
When the loan is going through escrow, it is the escrow officers job to make sure that there are not any liens against the home. I handle the finance side and when my clients come to me and ask this question we are able to talk with title/escrow and do a lien search. That part anyways does not fall on you. The lender you are using wont allow the loan to record without clear title anyways. If you have any other questions dont hesitate to contact me.
Leins on houses with no equity will be in the porcess of foreclosure. The odds are stacked against you vs the bank getting the property back.

David Cooper
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
Title companies are the most helpful in this case you do have to request for a property profile and ask if they can check for any liens recorded. If you are interested in any homes on the MLS these are REO, Short Sale or traditional sales once open escrow the title company will run a title report and make sure is free and clear to close escrow.
There aren't many of these homes available in this price range any more. Good luck trying to find one.
Any title company can run a 'property profie' (generally free) if you provide a parcel number or street address although without paying for a preliminary title search the free report may not catch everything of record. You can also use the Clark County recorder's website.

https://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/RecorderEcommerce/
Clark County Recorders website