Home Buying in Richmond>Question Details

Joao  Batista, Home Buyer in Richmond, VA

I am looking to buy a house,but Iam looking to finance by owner isit possiable?

Asked by Joao Batista, Richmond, VA Sun Feb 3, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3103831491-415-Hickorywood-Ci…

Answers

5
Hi Joao,
Please call me 703-217-0749 as I know an investor who might be interested in doing that but I need more information from you.

Neema
It is possible. Sometimes a "rent-to-own" is a win-win for all.
Yes, call me and I can explain how it works and what you need to qualify.
I am a Realtor and an investor doing it.
Email me at neemajnene@gmail.com
Sure, but you will likely need some cash.
Bill Hastings, broker.
W. S. HASTINGS, INC.
Yes, it is certainly possible. I helped buyers find an "owner financed" home this past fall. I personally bought an investment property years ago this way in "the fan" & also in another state. If a seller owns his home free & clear they may be open to this kind of a sale. The seller needs to see it as an advantage in regards to their tax situation & also feel extremely comfortable & secure with the buyer. I think it is very important for the seller to meet the buyer in person if the seller is even considering this option. A seller who is open to this may only want to do it for a few years with a baloon payment at the end of the mortgage term. This is when you would need to secure conventional financing for the property. At that time if you cannot secure the financing the mortgage holder/seller may be open to renegotiating the loan or they may just decide to keep your deposit & the way the deed is written you may be in default at that time.
I would suggest looking into properties that have been on the market for some time that do not have a mortgage. However, a seller may entertain this regardless as to how long the property has been on the market. Sometimes "owner financing" is an option in the listing agreement & that would be information listed on the multiple listing service. If the latter is not the case then the buyers agent would contact the listing agent to see if "owner financing" might be an option for the seller. The selling agent may just tell the buyers agent to put it in the contract & she/he will present it to the seller. This is a good way to get the ball rolling in the minds of the seller. It may take a little bit of time to check out the advantages of doing this for the seller so everyone must be patient in the process. It is definitely an option & I feel you are going to see more sellers open to this in the Richmond Metro area.
If I can help you facilitate this search I would be happy to do so.
Please feel free to contact me.
Cynthia Cain
Realtor w/Long & Foster Realty
804-739-6000