Michael, Home Buyer in Sugar Grove, IL

I am looking to buy a home in hannaford farms, what is the real estate tax mill rate I should expect to pay

Asked by Michael, Sugar Grove, IL Tue Apr 15, 2008

on a $700,000 home

Answers

2
Michael,

The answer you received in correct, the rate is 7.1549 but please remember, since home values have decreased in Hannaford, along with lot prices, you can file for a new appraisal of the current tax's on the homes listed in the community once you purchase. Many of those homes are over valued by the assessor, you should be able to get the tax's lowered based on the new sales price.
We just sold a home in Strafford Woods and they were able to get their tax's lowered from $21K a year to $15,500 a year based on the new price.
We also have a NEW listing in Hannaford built by Saloga builders priced at $599,500 with 5+ bedrooms, 4.1 baths, full finished basement and Saloga quality. Give me a call if interested.
888-777-1165.
Thanks Michael, call me if you have any further questions. My team is the #1 Team in Sugar Grove and we also live there as well. We would be more than happy to help.
Hi Michael,
Thank you for your question. Hannaford Farms has some really fantastic homes. The tax rate in all of Sugar Grove is 7.1549. You may be able to negate the first year of taxes but you can expect to pay between $13,000 and probably closer to $16,000 per year in real estate taxes.
Web Reference: http://www.RandyLyon.com