Home Buying in South Hills>Question Details

Louanna, Home Buyer in South Hills, Eugene,...

I am looking to buy a home in South Eugene and also invest in real estate for rental revenue. please assist

Asked by Louanna, South Hills, Eugene, OR Thu Jul 5, 2012

Answers

12
I own half a dozen properties in South Eugene that include condo's, houses, and apartments. I can assist you in what and where in South Eugene is the easiest to rent and what you should expect as a return on your money. My advice is to always buy something that pencils from day one.

Give me a call.

541.521.2164
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 27, 2012
I have a great house in SE Eugene 2001 Dogwood Eugen 350,000 all new kitchen 3 Beds 2.1 baths
2701 sq ft patklike back yard minutes from U O and LCC
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 7, 2012
Louanna,

If you have any question about how best to finance your purchase(s) I'm more than happy to help. I've got over 17 years of experience with the same company right here in Eugene. If you need a referral to a great broker I can help with that too. Give me a call at 541-342-2535 if I can help in any way.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2012
Just took a brand new listing where the current sellers where getting $2,000 a month in gross rental income. It is a 5 bed and 2.5 bath not too far from the University. 880 W 18th, please let me know if you want more info on that or anything else you may see.

Good luck either way with your home search, a great time to be in the real estate market!
Hello and thank you for your message, would love to see photos of the place and to know how much do I need to invest to get that amount per month. I heard that University students pay around 500-600 dollars per rooms is this correct? What would my tax be on that? I was hoping for an 8-10% return on investment, hope it is still a good time to buy low.
Here is the info I send to other agents:
What I am looking for:
My own home for me and my family:
Location: South Eugene, preferably close to South Eugene high school or further south but close to bus that goes to that school.
Characteristics: 3-4 bedrooms, lots of light, big windows if possible high ceilings. Definitely spacious garden meaning some distance between homes.
Price range +/- 200,0000-300,000 usd.
I like white kitchens (cupboards) large windows, private gardens, a bath tub in at least one bathroom, and sort of upmarket areas where it is more quiet.
For investment:Student housing flats, house, or other. open to suggestions!
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
Hi Louanna,

I would love an opportunity to sit down with you to learn more about your specific needs. It is a great time to capitalize on low interest rates to make an investment not only in personal property but rental properties as well.

Looking forward to speaking to you!

Amy Bischof
Hybrid Real Estate
Licensed in Oregon

mybrokeramybischof@gmail.com
541-954-7656
In a couple of days (August 27, 2012) 1689 Ardendale Lane in the Crest Drive area will debut on the market for $5K less than market value. 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 large decks, koi pond, formal living, family and dining rooms. Contact Eugene Alternative Realtors for info: http://www.alternativerealtor.com/contact.shtml
Email: dave@alternativerealtor.com
Toll Free: 866-706-3283
Direct: 541-521-3283
Fax: 800-671-9115

Check it out on zillow.com:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1689-Ardendale-Ln-Eugene-O…

Tri-level Contemporary with views. Multiple Decks with access off the main and third levels allow for for both shade & sun enjoyment. Lovely views of the City. A Koi pond adds the sound of water, bringing nature a bit closer. The Formal Entry makes an impression with its vaulted ceilings, large windows and chandelier. The formal living and dining room are separated by a tiled fireplace and share exceptional light and vaulted ceilings. An additional full size eating area sits just off the kitchen. Kitchen has Laminated flooring and tiled counter tops. Plumbing for an ice machine and water filtration are just a few more of the amenities. The spacious Master Bedroom has walls of windows, views of the scenery, vaulted ceilings and a master bath with skylight. The three additional bedrooms are located on the second level down for privacy. The Laundry room is on the same level. A generous family/rec room is on the third level down with vaulted ceilings, great windows and light, plus easy access to the lower deck, pond and yard. The yard has organically maintained, terraced garden and flower beds, a brick/paver patio and Koi Pond, plus the yard is fully fenced. Downtown Eugene can be seen from the decks and the lot adjacent is vacant and adds to the secluded, private feel. Wild Turkeys and Dear wander through the neighborhood, along with squirrels and many bird varieties. Close to all Services and Shopping.
Louanna, have you considered doing both things with one purchase? That is, buying a duplex to live
in one side and rent out the other? Since you are already in Eugene, drive by 4595-4597 Larkwood, off Fox Hollow (there is no sign, please don't knock on the tenants' doors). This is a new listing; you can find it at RMLS.com, listing #12621337. More than $30,000 has been put into this building in the past 12 months, so there is very little left to do, which means you would not have to put your money and time into fixing up. 4595 side has a great view toward the east from the new deck and an area under the trees that would make a park-like yard for picnicking, parties, whatever. Check it out and call me at 541-514-1141. Thanks. Ron Bush
Thank you for your reply I am indeed interested. I am currently still in Europe trying to sell my property here so I can then invest in the US. I used to own my own real estatre company right before the hospitality business I am running now. But things have change over here and am ready to move. So mainly interested in 2 things One is buying a home for us to stay in and for my son to go to a good middle school in South Eugene area and second to invest for revenue in either housing or hospitality business like a small Bed and breakfast. My email is louanna333@hotmail.com anyone who can assist is welcome to contact me. Thank you so much, Louanna Mantheakis
Flag Thu Jul 5, 2012
Louanna,

As you can see there are plenty of willing agents to help out. It really is a matter of finding an agent, preferably a full-time agent, that is willing to listen to what it is you are looking for in a property or investment and knows the area and the inventory. I have been investing in the south hills for a long time now. All of my rental properties are here, as is my primary residence.

It can also be beneficial to work with a large agency like Windermere. We meet weekly and talk about our newest listing coming on the market in the future and also our buyers needs to see if there is a match. It's an amazing networking opportunity.

I would suggest having that cup of coffee with a couple of realtors and see who you feel most comfortable with.

Give me a call if you would like to meet for a few minutes to talk.

Warm regards,

Randy Jeremiah
Windermere Real Estate
(541) 514-0516
Louanna, i'm working with investors and have had both buyers and sell ers in the south hills, if you would like to work with someone analytical, kind of laid back, but someone who will have a sense of urgency to move when necessary this me. I'm not going to "sell" you a property, but i will help you buy the one(s) you want.
mark moore 541 697 9787. Mark@greatoregonrealestate.com...thanks and best wishes
I'd be happy to! Give me a call at 541-465-8164. I work at Windermere RE Lane County. It's located in Midtown at 16th and Oak Street. I'd like to meet you, grab a cuppa coffee or tea and hear about what you are looking for specifically and what your needs are. Give me a call!

Lorette Waggoner, Principal Broker
Windermere RE Lane County
1600 Oak St
Eugene OR 97401

541-465-8164
lorette.waggoner@gmail.com
I would be happy to help. My cell is 541-517-3266.
Hi Louanna, It sounds like you are in need of a realtor. If you are not already working with someone here in the Eugene area, you are welcome to contact me to get your questions answered.

Kindly,

Janet

Janet Asman
Principle Broker
Key Realty Group
541-912-1543