Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

meetyaks, Home Buyer in San Ramon, CA

I am looking to buy a home in San Ramon area. I would like to know what your thoughts about Pleasanton, East Dublin and San Ramon.

Asked by meetyaks, San Ramon, CA Wed Nov 7, 2012

I have 2 kids - 8 & 4. So schools are important to me. I work @Milpitas so commute is pretty much same (little less for pleasanton). My budget is between 700K to 800K.

Answers

6
Rebecca Rook’s answer
I agree with Ron, they are pretty close except for price. The schools are very decent in either city. Let me know if you need any help. My office is in San Ramon but I lived in Dublin and loved raising my little one there. You will have other agents come on here and break it completely down for you, but in reality all those cities are great.

Rrook@c21mm.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 7, 2012
My recommendation is to buy in San Ramon. You will get the most for your money and not compromise on school ranking. Also, the city in my opinion is slated to be an important hub in the east bay with significant development to include a new city center with retail shops, office space, movie theatre, cafes, restaurants, parks and walking promenade. It's quite spectacular what is in store for San Ramon's future.

In addition, the city continues to attract companys which choose to make San Ramon their headquarters. It's also a beautiful city and offers unlimited activities for families to enjoy. Hope you find this information helpful.

Mona
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012

All three cities are good choices and the schools are very good.

I personally live in Pleasanton and I moved here bacause of the schools. It is an ideal city and very family orientated. There is so much going on for kids. There are plenty of soccer fields, swim meets, the fairgrounds, downtown area and plenty of restaurants.

The close proximity to three bart stations (one in Pleasanton and two in Dublin) are a huge asset.

As some agents have mentioned, Pleasanton is a little more expensive than San Ramon and Dublin, but you can still find good homes in your price range.

I would like to suggest that you keep your options open and check out all three cities. Do you have an agent yet? Your agent can hopefully cover all three and then you can decide what meets your budget and where you feel most comfortable.

Meena Gujral
Achievers Realty
925-425-9491
http://www.helpusellachievers.com

You can't go wrong with any of your choices, but each have a different personality. As mentioned below, Pleasanton has a cute downtown, San Ramon will have a new downtown once completed and Dublin is more affordable and easy access to 580 and 680 and has a newer feel.

Please let me know if you want more information and I can send you demographics, etc. on any or all of the locations. I also work with clients in the 580/680/24 cooridor.

Best of luck to you!
Suzanne Looker
If schools are important to you, you won't regret buying anywhere in the San Ramon School District. This includes San Ramon, Danville and Alamo but San Ramon is the most affordable of these. You can get a nice detached home in the $700-800K range.

Pleasanton has good schools too but home prices are a little higher. Probably due to a combination of closer proximity to Silicon Valley and having a real downtown.

But then San Ramon will have a downtown in a few years and when that happens I expect to see home prices increasing there just like when Pleasant Hill built their new downtown.

Personally, I would buy in San Ramon but full disclosure - I do specialize in San Ramon real estate..

Bernard Gibbons
We lived in Dublin for 16 years:
When we moved there, everyone wondered why we would buy in the "toolies" it was so far out.
We went through all that road construction on 680, probably 2 years of insane commuting.
Pleasanton is little more up-scale and I understand has a little bit better schools. But I believe that the quality of their education is more you to YOU and what you do at home.
Pleasanton is a little more expensive, but, in the long term, all three will appreciate about the same.
Restaurants are all great and close.
Stoneridge is central and other shopping is great.
Your budget may be the deciding factor.
Pick a winner!