Home Buying in Blue Hills>Question Details

Chrisk, Home Buyer in Blue Hills, Kansas C...

I am looking to buy a home at 51** Olive Street Kansas-City MO 64130 but wouldn't be living in it just yet as I am planning to rent it out first,

Asked by Chrisk, Blue Hills, Kansas City, MO Tue Feb 14, 2012

being out of state. What do you guys think of this area? How much do you think is a reasonable price for this house and what kind of rental can be expected?
According to public records, it was last sold in Nov 2011 for $37K. Is this a good location for rental? Or would an apartment in the city be better?
Thanks for any advice.

Answers

2
Your best bet is to find an agent and chat with him/her about your goals, both short and long term. Once you narrow down a location, your agent can put you on a property search and can email listings with photos for you to view at your convenience.

A very quick search shows rentals from $550-$750 for that area, most with 3BD/1-2BA/1-car garage. If you're looking at demographic information or crime stats, this might help:

http://www.city-data.com/zips/64130.html

Best of luck to you!
I Recomend getting in contact with an agent that does a lot of work in this area. I as a Realtor helped buyers purchase and Sellers sell hundreds of homes in this area. This price seems extremely high for todays current market in this location. I did a quick check in the area and most are selling between $3,700 to $25,000. I would have to know the exact address because there are some rare exceptions where this price might be ok. As far as the area just google 64130 and look at the first several articles that come up. I do do a lot of work in the inner city of Kansas City so if your not working with an agent already contact me and I can help you find a good home at a good price.