Home Buying in Bridgeton>Question Details

Valerie Berta, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

I am looking to buy a fixer-upper in Bridgeton NJ with the idea of renting it after remodeling

Asked by Valerie Berta, Dallas, TX Tue Nov 25, 2008

I don't know which area would be my best bet (safe enough to rent to trustworthy people, etc.)

Answers

4
Larry Sarlo 609-868-1171’s answer
Valerie,
The best and safest area to rent is always a concern of most investors. Of course you want the most ROI. As you look into areas to buy, look at the rental history for the area as well. Check classifieds and internet and more. Areas that are more prone to section 8 are can be select ably desired if you know how to handle a sec 8 rental. Also being approved for sec 8 is also a concern. Sec 8 are not for the faint of heart but not a hard knowledge to endeavor or to conquer as an expert so you will profit from it.
In a sec 8 rental area you may not want to rent to anything but a sec 8 qualified applicants. If you do not want to rent to sec 8 then I suggest staying away from those areas that are more prone to sec 8 applicants. However as an investor in Camden City I have made several rental properties profitable without being sec 8 qualified. My qualification standards for rentals are mostly the same as sec 8 standard except no government backing or propaganda.

I have some specific information that can help you prior to purchasing anything. This will take much of your fears from your investment.

Email me personally... lsarlo@weichert.com This info will help you find a property and provide specific local information to the Bridgeton area as an investor specific. Yes I am a Realtor in the area. Yes i can help you find an investment. But more important is the ability to take fear from your investment. So whether it is I or another that helps you find a specific property to buy, I will at least lead you to the knowledge you will need in the Bridgeton area. Knowledge of investment and rentals.

So as you embark into real estate investing with the intent to rent do yourself a favor and gather your knowledge first. If you think you know it all, I will tell you there are many new situations you will encounter to discuss here in this forum and other forums. You will want to prevent may of them.
There are some very important particulars to pay attention to when making sure you are protected. The info I will give you will help you ongoing.

Larry
609-868-1171
lsarlo@weichert.com
There are some great deals to be had in Bridgeton. Please call or email me and I'll send you some neighborhood information and housing market reports for the community.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Atlantic Shore
609-384-6121
Laura@JerseyShoreViews.com
Valerie,

It's difficult to determine your questions from a posting, but my wife and I deal in fixer upper properties. We also work with investors who look for these type of properties. Give us a call at 609-417-1084 so we can discuss your requirements in detail and answer any of your questions.
Web Reference: http://www.i-teamhomes.com/
Your best bet is going to be to get a buyer broker who can assist you through the buying process, they can nswer your questions about this area and point you in the right direction. . In most cases a buyer agent will not cost you anything out pocket. They get paid from the listing agent at closing through the fee offered to them in MLS and paid at closing. this way you have someone looking out for you. if you do not know any buyer agents in this area, i can always refer one to you, just send me an email. I hope this helps and Good luck with your search Valerie.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com