Claudaye, Home Buyer in Secaucus, NJ

I am looking online at the Bridgepointe townhomes for sale in Old Bridge NJ. Is the area nice and how is the commute to NY? Any problems there?

Asked by Claudaye, Secaucus, NJ Sat May 21, 2011

Answers

5
If you're looking to be close to Staten Island/NYC, Old Bridge in general is a great location. You have Rt.35, Rt.9 and Rt.34, which are all major highways with great transportation for buses and close to South Amboy for the train. Don't forget you have the parkway and turnpike right there! Keep your options open.
Claudaye,
Bridgepointe is in the Lawrence Harbor section of Old bridge close to Rt 35 and the Parkway. As far as commuting to NYC, anywhere in Old Bridge will accommodate as we have many Park and Rides for commuters bussing into Port Authority. The express takes me 42 minutes into port Authority. If you prefer to train, Matawan station is fairly close and commonly used. South Amboy station may be n option too. They also have a ferry that goes to Pier 11 (Wall St).
Old Bridge is a great town, our family has enjoyed living here over 24 years. The schools are good and we love being between NYC and the Jersey Shore.
I'd be happy to discuss this further or answer any of your other questions. You can reach me at:

Patricia Jover-Garcia - Realtor, Million Dollar Producer, and Old Bridge resident
America's Elie Real Estate Inc.
732-236-9967
pjover20@aol.com
I currently reside in Bridgepointe. Both my husband and I have commuted to the city and found our community to be an ideal place. There are two train stations about five minutes away (South Amboy and Matawan/Aberdeen), NJ transit buses available in two different locations (one with a more limited schedule than the other), and an Academy bus stop at the Cheesequake park and ride. We always chose this last option due to the fact that the buses are frequent, commute is less expensive and parking is ample. During rush hour your commute is roughly one hour and ten minutes to the city. Off-peak the buses make this trip in 35-40 minutes.

We have two children and love the area. Today, the pool was filled with resident families who are all friendly. The community is not only beautiful, but the people here are fantastic. You'll find as much (or as little) social interaction as you are looking for. There are families, retirees, working couples, singles and anything you could ask for.
Its a great development and close to bus and train. I used to live in the development from 2001 to 2008 and do most of my real estate business in the bridgepointe community. Its very desirable because of the easy commute, large homes, common elements and friendly residents. Email me for the listings available in the development. I will be at an open house in the development sunday from 1 to 4.
Don Wuerfl
Web Reference: http://donwuerfl.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
Bridgepointe is a very nice place to live. It's very close to a bus stop to go to either downtown or port authority (about 5 miles). It's very close to the ocean. It's very nice development. I have few friends living there. Let me know if you have other questions