Jessen02, Other/Just Looking in 33905

I am looking into relocating to fort myers and have never been to the area. Traveling down at the end of march and want to buy a home. Anyone help me?

Asked by Jessen02, 33905 Sun Jan 29, 2012

Not moving until probably June but I want to buy or rent a home. I am a college student (27 years old) and just recently got out of the Army. I need some help in finding a place to live

Answers

18
Buy! My guess is that you would never be able to buy a $50,000 house again in your lifespan... :) The market is great at the moment, so if you can swing it - go for it! There are plenty of deals at the moment, just take your time and look for the right property.
Native of Lee County, Would like to help you get started. Please call me anytime for more information. My direct cell is 239-910-4221. I can provide you with lender information and first time home buyer info to get you started. It's easy, I'll do the rest to get you into a nice home.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Lenora Lee, Realtor
Jones and Co Realty
LenoraLeeRealtor@gmail.com
I would love to show you the area good and bad so you can make your own decission. I also moved here from Canada so i totally understand all that goes into relocating. I have great conections in all areas of the transition going as smooth as possible. i would highely recomend doing a VA loan in most cases you can get in with no money out of pocket. Let me know if i can help in any way. 239.246.0277

Safe travels
Hi there. It is still a good time to buy in South West Florida, especially the bank owned homes. If you are looking to buy and hold in order to live in it or rent it out for cash flow we are still seeing great deals all over the area - Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Sanibel.

I specialize in finding my buyers great deals on bank owned properties & foreclosures and also provide property management services to investors. Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

Noah Otalvaro
Marc Joseph Realty
Phone: 239-672-0706
Email: noahmarcjoseph@gmail.com
Hi there, I am agent out of the area, but I do spend time each year in the area and like it very much. Good target. If I can be of any assistance on agent choice, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Good luck and thanks for your service my friend!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results

Jeanne Feenick
Do your dilligence and choose a Realtor to help you. We would love to be the choice......good luck.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
Have a lot of fun looking for a place to live. Thank you for serving our country! If you do decide to buy, you can buy with no down payment with a VA loan. Many times you can get the lender to pay some or all of the closing costs and even get some additional help from the seller.

You have many options and I would be glad to see if you qualify for a VA loan. There is no cost to get pre approved and I can get it done in 30 minutes or less.

Either way, if you look to rent or buy, drive around and spend some time in each area and neighborhood and see if it looks like a place you would like to live.

Andrew Kashella
727-331-8400
akashella@tltloans.com
I guess it is a matter of preference. If you have not been to the area, you owe it to yourself to do some exploring. Without a doubt, Ft. Myers Beach is great. There are nice stretches of sand and great shops and restaurants but crossing the bridge to the island can try ones patience.

Like Reds11, I chose to live a bit father north and visit FMY when I choose. Prices are indeed lower here and you get a lot more house for your money. It is much easier to get to Englewood or Venice beaches because traffic is far less at all times of the year, ESPECIALLY winter.

Fort Myers has a lot to offer and may be right for you, but take a look at the deals available in the more quiet areas as well before you decide. Take a look at this link for some examples: http://www.suncoasteam.com/articles/49.html

Jim

James Mulligan
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Suncoasteam Realty
4055 Tamiami Trail, Ste 22
Port Charlotte, FL 3352
941-235-7474
Web Reference: http://www.suncoasteam.com
I'm sure Venice is a nice area, but I prefer the Fort Myers area; and I do live here. You can be as close to the beach, shopping, restaurants as you want or as far away from the activity as you prefer. Beautiful area and wonderful communities and the real estate is currently still at a great value. Our local real estate market is seeing the beginning signs of recovery a little faster than other parts of the country.
Good luck on your search!

David Lang
239-677-8780
With interest rates so low and great homes available at great prices it is a great time to purchase. I work with some excellent lenders that you could contact to assist you with obtaining a VA loan.

As a resident of Lee County Florida for almost 24 years I know the area extremely well and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or give me a call on my cell phone at 239-707-4575 as your convenience.

Terry McCarley, Realtor®, CDPE
Jones & Co Realty
Jessen02,

Based on my experiences up and down the Gulf Coast (and there are a lot of them), I have found that Ft. Myers is a bit too crowded and congested and the prices are very expensive.

I would recommend looking at areas that are slightly north of Ft. Myers. Areas such as Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, North Port , and Venice are all nice and they tend to have better rental/ selling prices that Ft. Myers. These areas aren't as crowded as Ft. Myers and the commute to the beach seems to be much easier than in Ft. Myers.
Fort Myers is a wonderful area. There are great buying and rental options. As a former teacher, I can help you with this difficult decision. Please contact me I would be honored to help you.
Hi Jess
I would be happy to help you with your relocation.
We can find you a place and help you get a VA loan.
If you want I can start sending you some homes to start getting a feel of what is available here.
Please contact me at 239-292-3699, mattyates99@gmail.com.
Matt
Web Reference: http://www.mattyates.us
Jess, I would be honored to assist you in buying a home here. We have some great deals available. I do suggest, along with the others that you get prequalified. A couple of years ago I spoke to a rep from the Navy Credit Union who had some great deals. If you are a member of a credit union, i would start there. We need to take care of our Veterans. Thanks for your service.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
Ft Myers, FL
239-560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett.com
Whether you decide to buy or rent, I'd be more than happy to help you. Contact me now and I'll set up a free personalized account for you so you can receive daily email updates on the properties you're most interested in. You can start immediately to get a better idea of what's available in our area.

Also, if you're interested in buying (an excellent idea these days), I recommend that you get pre-qualified with a mortgage broker so you have a more accurate idea of your budget and are prepared to put in an offer immediately when you fiind a property you want. Some seller's won't even accept offers without proof of funds or a pre-qualification letter from a lender.

Finally, check out the City-Data website for more in-depth, impartial information on Lee County and its various communities. It's an invaluable resource to learn more about our area.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon!
Kathy Cardet
239-851-6235
kathycardet@gmail.com

I would be happy to help you find a home to purchase in the Fort Myers area.

Please call me at 239-222-7879 or email me at candi@c21tripower.com and we can discuss more specifics about what you are searching for.

Also, feel free to use my website as shown below to search for property that fits your budget and home criteria.

Candi Randolph
I would recommend buying if at all possible because of the current state of the housing market here. If you send me your email address so I can get more information. I also work with some lenders that handle VA loans. My email is mickheuerman@gmail.com