Sscott, Home Buyer in Oxnard, CA

I am looking into pre-forclosed homes but I am only aware of the basic I need to know what are certain things I need to be cautious of.

Asked by Sscott, Oxnard, CA Fri Nov 2, 2012

Answers

9
Scott,

Depending if you're looking to buy at auction or a shortsale, there are too many points to list here. You should get ahold of an agent that is familiar with pre-foreclosures. Give me a call, and I can run you through what you need to know.

Chris Chin
chrischin@cobaltrg.com
(805) 258-2870
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
Short sales can take a longer time to close and there is no guarantee after waiting for a bank response that they will accept your offer. You have to be patient and willing to accept the outcome.
Sscott,

Listen, because this is important.....you need to be following the footsteps of a very experienced and knowledgeable agent.

If I were planning a trip to hike through Hell in a gasoline suite, I'd want the best guide I could find....don't you think!

Hi Scott,

Are you looking to buy or sell a pre-forclosed home? I familiar with the steps to sell or purchase short sales. Give me a call if I can be of any assistance.

Blanca Dover, REALTOR
Century21 Hometown Realty

Website: http://www.blancadover.com
Web Reference: http://www.blancadover.com
Overwhelmingly; the most popular question on Trulia is;
"Why is my Shortsale taking soooooo long; what can I do?"
You can just hear the whine in there.

Don't even start it if you can't handle the time element!
I am local in Oxnard and I deal with pre foreclosed homes and short sales. Give me a call if you need some help.

Discount Real Estate Services
805 217 6185
Hello Sscott,
I suggest that you work with an experienced buyer's agent in the locale where you are looking to purchase. He/she can guide and counsel you through the process and there usually is no cost to you for using a buyer's agent services. This way you will be knowledgeable on the process and can make more informed decisions.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
The time it will take to close. If it is a real price that the bank may accept. (Within 10% of sold comps, typically) What will stay with the property at COE. (if its rented things go missing...Oven, ceiling fans, etc.) There are more but that is why you need to hire an agent that understands these risks. (Doesnt have to be me just get a good one)