Wbrama, Both Buyer and Seller in 11377

I am looking for vacation home near New Paltz area. Any alternative locations close to NYC within 2 hours. 10 acres

Asked by Wbrama, 11377 Mon May 16, 2011

Answers

7
New Paltz is great, other popular second home communites is Red Hook and Accord.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 7, 2012
The New Paltz and surrounding areas are very popular for vacation/second homes. The Mid Hudson Valley is a wonderful place to live full or part time. There are many options available to you are many right now.

At the base of the Shawangunk Mountains, in New Paltz, there is something for everyone. Fishing, skiing, antiquing, farmers markets, local festivals and so much more. If it is quiet, restful relaxation- this is the place! You will love it here.

I would be happy to help you in your search! http://www.ListingsFromBarbara.com I wish you the best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 17, 2011
There are alternatives as Jennifer mentioned below. However, it is very important that you choose a realtor who really knows each market. It is OK to have multiple realtors, although many in the business would prefer to keep you as a client no matter where you buy. Personally, I specialize in the New Paltz area. I serve my clients best by living in and knowing the community I sell home in. I even produce a local TV show on channel 23 that is also online at http://www.HelloNewPaltz.info. So If you are interested in my community of New Paltz, I'd love to help you find a home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 17, 2011
With present inventory level you will be able to find a great vacation home in New Paltz or other Midhudson Valley towns. Another great alternative to the New Paltz area would be Rhinebeck on the other side of the Hudson River. I say this because in addition to being a beautiful area the Amtrak is there, so an easy ride into the city if you don't feel like driving.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 16, 2011
WBRAMA,
Ulster county is wonderful, I lived there and worked in Real Estate there too. There are wooded areas in Sullivan County and Orange County. I also lived in Warwick, Orange county for a while which is not too far from NYC, there is even some light skiing and a renaissance fair nearby! Please let me know if you would like a referral to an agent anywhere Upstate. Best Wishes!
Web Reference: http://joliemuss.com
You have many options at this point so it would be wise to narrow down the areas according to our budget and interests

.It's difficult for one agent to be familiar with all the possibilities so it's best you work with a local agent.

Originally from NYC I've lived in New Paltz for the past twenty five years so you can bet I know the area well.

If you haven't had any luck yet maybe you need to speak with an agent that doubles as a property bloodhound with a New York minute attitude.
Dear Walter,
you are wise to look in our area! See you later today, Andre