Home Buying in Alpena>Question Details

Wayne R Russ…, Home Buyer in Alpena, MI

I am looking for something outside city limit, more like country setting. Must have separate/detached garage. Really want so property.

Asked by Wayne R Russell, Alpena, MI Wed Feb 19, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Wayne,
Are you still looking for a home outside of Alpena? The house at 1131 Emerson Rd. have been reduced. It has 4 bedrooms, 2- two car garages and a green house. Very nice. I'm the Realtor if you'd like to call me 989-354-2535.

Patti Hayward
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 13, 2014
Contacting a Realtor is a very good idea. I can help you research and find what you are looking for, understand the process and walk you through each step.
I am usually paid by the Seller and I do not charge a retainer fee.
Realtors are here to help make the American dream of land ownership possible for everyone.
Give me a call or send me an email if you would like me to help you, too.

Shari Brunell
RE/MAX New Horizons-Alpena
(989) 916-6203
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2014
Check out the home at 1131 Emerson Road on Zillow. It is in Herron. I saw it online. It has detached garage and separate back garage/shop building.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 17, 2014
There are a number of properties available to that meet that requirement. Your best option is going to be to find buyers agent to work on your behalf. Here is how that process works. You'll want to search for local agents. Find reviews for them online through websites like Trulia and Angieslist.com. Interview the agent either in person or over the phone. When you are sure that is the agent for you ask for a "Buyers Agency Contract." Until you have a contract with an agent all the agents technically work as a subagent for the seller; they do not represent your best interests at this time. Most agents are not going to jeopardize your position regardless but the buyers agency ensures this. On the buyers agency form be sure to understand how your buyers agent is getting paid. There are several options. Usually the agent will work on commission pay offered by the sellers. Some request a small retainer fee that will be reimbursed back to you at closing. That is to make sure they don't spend a lot of their time and money for you to decide not to buy. The buyers agent will then request a proof or funds or preapproval letter that can be provided by a lender such as Carl at Crosscountry Mortgage pretty easily. Armed with the information as to how much you are approved for, the type of mortgage, and what you need in a house they can then email you a number of options for you to pick from. It's best to try to narrow it down to 5 or less. If those ones don't cut it you start looking deeper into some of the others. Those are all items your buyers agent, who is now contractually obligated to you, can help you walk through. Steve
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 24, 2014

If you want to move to the country you should consider a Rural Development Loan. They are your best loan option for new home ownership if you are eligible. Call me and I can go through the prequalification process over the phone

Carl Dingledine
Crosscountry Mtg.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 19, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer