Home Buying in Indianapolis>Question Details

Teresa, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

I am looking for some areas to focus on while looking for my first home.

Asked by Teresa, Denver, CO Sun Dec 21, 2008

I am moving from Denver, CO here in a few months and need to find a home fast! I am looking for an area that has good resale history and that is targeted for young professionals; (ie restuarants, shopping and entertainment). I love city living, but I do not want to sacrifice too much living space for the area. Can anyone suggest some areas? My price range is around 105,000-135,000.

Answers

9
No question Broadripple is the place for you. Its the best of both worlds, city living but not downtown. Totally artsy and muscial, the ripple is awesome. I am in your same demographic; young, upbeat and love the city nightlife. I know all the spots. Shoot me an email, call me or better yet, register on my website below so we can converse further about Indy. I know you will like it here, I do!

Pete George
Century 21 Scheetz
317-702-2881
Web Reference: http://www.buygeorge.biz
Teresa,

As far as areas in that Price Range I would suggest South Side of Indianapolis or even the Greenwood area. The south traditionally has a good resale value. As far as Resturants and nightlife is concerned the downtown area is by far the best, but you might not find a whole lot in that price range to your liking. I feel that Greenwood which is about 15min south of Downtown is the best value. They offer great schools, Great Resturants, and Great home Values.

Please Call me with any other Questions

Brad Osborne

Coldwell Banker
317 258-3651
Web Reference: http://bosbornehomes.com
RIght now I don't know if I am able to help you or not. There are a number of neighborhoods in and around Indianapolis that may fit your needs. If you can share about 20 minutes of your time I may be able to help you clarify what is important about being close to shopping, entertainment etc. I have some clients in the past year that want be within a very short distance to work. Right now there are some good opportunities in most parts of Indianapolis.
I would like to suggest that you give me a call or send your contact imformation to me and then when you feel confident that I have heard and understand perfectly what you are after, then and only then I can put together a very specific package based on your needs.
Dan Baize 317-558-6814
dbaize@c21rg.net
Hi Teresa,

There are a number of great neighborhood possibilities which may interest you. Go to my search page and plug in your criterion for home searches in Greater Indianapolis. (See link below)

I just helped a relocation client find a perfect place in 72 hours. I am CARTUS Relocation certified and a full-time realtor with CENTURY 21 Scheetz. Our brokerage has one of the largest, highest rated relocation departments in the US. Direct phone: (317) 502-1273

I would be most happy to help you. Feel free to give me a call. Also, I can give you some respected sources for mortgages and current incentives & advantages for first time home buyers!
Teresa,

Your best bet is to work directly with a real estate agent, who can show you around the city so you get a better sense of the neighborhoods and your options. I'm working with several first-time buyers now who are looking for similar things in a house. I'd be happy to send you a City Guide, articles I've written for Indianapolis Monthly on neighborhoods and a city map to help you get started in the process. You can e-mail me at Laura@TalktoTucker.com. Best of luck with your home search.
Laura
You will find many grat options. My suggestion......Repos in Noblesville or Fishers. Good resale and growing population, plus buying homes10-20k below market is hard to beat. Lots to offer young professionals and only 30-45 minutes to downtown indy. Lots going on here. Feel free to email with more questions. All the best. -Eric
So that you are informed it is difficult to find a home in Broad Ripple between 105-135,000 on a safe street for single professional. An area that comes to mind is Fishers (20min from Downtown). Fishers is a suburb, not a city. It has a huge influx of young professionals purchasing their first home. It has great school systems so you can always count on a good resale value. You will be surrounded by people that enjoy the same perks shopping, restauarants and entertainment. You are within a 10 mile radius of shoping, entertainment, etc pretty much anywhere in Fishers. This is your best choice when searching in your price range for your first home. I would be happy to email you a 'best buy' list of available homes in Fishers and/or answer any additional questions that you may have! Feel free send me an email!
Dear Teresa, We do have properties available in your price range, in areas targeted for young, professionals.
I am thinking specifically about The Retreat in Carmel and the Broadripple area. There is also a condo available in the Union Laundry near downtown Indianapolis. Where ever you buy, it is extremely important
not to over-pay. The areas I've mentioned above have everything you mentioned in your request.
If you would like my help, feel free to call 317.513.4652 or email marita@maritatopmiller.com. I would be happy to set up a special automatic search for you. It will send you all the listing information for every home that matches your criteria. I've lived here all my life and will be happy to give you additional info along the way. If you prefer to search on your own, log into my website to set up your own search. PS: I am very good at setting up highly defined searches. Best Regards and welcome to Indianapolis. Marita
Teresa,
As a Realtor in Indianapolis, there is a terrific area for young professionals with restaurants, shopping, and clubs,& entertainment called Broadripple. Located in the Northern part of the city of Indianapolis . It has cute ,older homes and bungalows right in your price point of $105,000-$135,000.Depends on how much square footage your need....Its a great area for upward professionals like yourself, and a great location to downtown and to meet new people.