Michelle Gle…, Renter in North Attleboro, MA

I am looking for rent to own option. Are there any opportunities like this out there, in north attleboro, ma?

Asked by Michelle Glennon, North Attleboro, MA Tue Jul 12, 2011

Answers

4
Hi Michelle, I dont know if you would consider Attleboro but we have a decent opportunity there.
I have 2 rent to own homes listed at this time. The sellers have indicated they would rent, sell or do a rent to own transaction. However you could make an offer on any home with a time frame period to rent and a time frame to buy. Your best bet is to get pre qualified then work with a local agent ( buyer agent ) who can determine ahead of time if the sellers of homes you are interesed in would consider a rent to own. YOur buyers agent could protect your best interests and give you expert advice in the transaction I know a good agent in the North Attleboro area who could help you just email me back through my web site
I am not familiar with that market but I always advise against rent to own deals to start with. If you sign up a rent to own normally they are doing an equity type program and require more down payment. If you dont like to move then I would recommend you find something in your budget and set a 12 to 24 month goal to get your job, credit and down payment in line. Then plan to get a mortgage and find your long term home. 9 times out of ten the landlord makes out like a bandit on the rent to owns. Trust me I know, I have 5 rentals myself.... Good luck!
Micehelle most rent to own deals are not listed as such, they are homes listed for sale in which the seller has to move right away and the home has not sold. The 2 most common ways are getting a buyer broker who can do teh reserach for you checking to see if any sellers are able to offer a lease purchase. The 2nd option is you contacting many different leading listing ganets in your area to see if any of their sellers would or could do a lease purchase.

Either way your first step should be to get prequailified, you need to know what price range you can afford, what teh monthly paymeht they suggest and how liong before you can get a mortgage and hwat you will need for saving to complete the purchase

http://www.trulia.com/blog/scott_godzyk/2010/06/rent_to_own_…

Please see my blog for a full list of tips and advice for renting to own a home.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com