Home Buying in Freehold>Question Details

Denislmarie, Home Buyer in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I am looking for real estate agent that is registered with toll brothers?

Asked by Denislmarie, Woodcliff Lake, NJ Sat Jul 5, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:


If you are thinking of buying new construction, most new construction may work with outside agents. I suggest you find your outside agent first. Once you do that, you and that agent will need to visit the new home community together on your first visit in order for the Builder to pay the commission.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 5, 2014
Builders work with any licensed Realtor. When you want to buy a home the best place to start is to hire an EXCLUSIVE Buyer Agent, not just a Buyer's Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Contact http://www.naeba.org for a referral in your area.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home and get a mortgage without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 6, 2014
As said in both replies, you are definitely able to work with an outside agent if you buy through Toll Brothers. To be honest, I considered applying to work for the company, and in doing so, I learned a bit about how they do things. If you get an agent through Toll Brothers (which is very easy to do -- you just have to go into the front office and tell them you are interested in a house of theirs), you have to understand that they are not working in your best interest. They're looking to get the best deal for the company. However, if you have an outside agent of your own, they can bargain. In theory, you could bargain as well, but it might not be so simple. Thus, having an agent working for YOU would be in your best interest.

Hope that helps!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 5, 2014
Terri Vellios is right. Toll Brothers will work with outside agents. The ones they employ ( and they might not be Realtors) do not have a fiduciary responsibility to the buyer. Protect your interests with a fulltime Realtor. Good luck on your future purchase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 5, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer