Home Buying in Westfield>Question Details

stanz42, Home Buyer in Westfield, NJ

I am looking for info on the 113 and 114 buses to westfield? Do they run on schedule? Particularly interested in the trip to westfield during evening

Asked by stanz42, Westfield, NJ Wed Feb 19, 2014

rush.

Answers

2
Hi Stan, My daughter takes the 113 in the morning at 6:49 She gets it at the train station on North Avenue in Westfield. It has many stops along the way until it gets to the Parkway. Door to door is about an hour. She has been making very good time getting into the city. The later you leave, the more traffic. At night the bus runs about every hour until midnight.

Hope this helps. He you want more information, I will put you in touch with my daughter who takes the bus every day.

Good Luck

Eileen
NJ Transit posts its schedules online -- for both bus and train. Many in Westfield commute into NYC (both mid-town and downtown). The bus stop is located on North Avenue -- just outside the train station, but it makes stops at other locations. The bus does go through special 'bus lanes' in the Lincoln Tunnel, but, of course bad weather is going to impact the schedule. The bus goes into Port Authority Bus Terminal.
In general the buses are far more reliable for the morning commute because they have a designated lane heading through the Lincoln Tunnel. For the evening commute, the buses are less reliable because they are subject to the same traffic delays that those commuting by car would face. However, the bus drivers know many shortcuts and manage to keep close to schedule most of the time.
As an alternate, some commuters travel by bus in the morning and take the train home in the evening.
Flag Fri Apr 18, 2014
Hi Marilyn,
Do you specifically know how often it is late during rush hour? I have viewed the schedules online already, but I am looking for someone who actually has experience with the bus. I currently take the lakeland bus into Summit. It is delayed daily in the morning but pretty reliable during the evening rush. I have noticed that the local side of 78 is often slow moving around the GSP entrance and wonder if that greatly effects the 113 and 114 commute home or whether those delays are built into the schedule.
Flag Wed Feb 19, 2014