sandy_z_young, Home Buyer in North Las Vegas, NV

I am looking for buying a house in Passion fruit street, north las vegas. Overbidding the price and not sure if the area is ok. Any advice?

Asked by sandy_z_young, North Las Vegas, NV Thu Apr 25, 2013

Answers

8
North Las Vegas is in a "bubble" Prices in the last 12 months are UP+30%. Don't know what you mean by "area is OK" ! Area is great for me and my investments

David Cooper Investing in Las Vegas since 1994
FREE REO Foreclosure List http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
CALL 702.499.7037
The real estate market in Las Vegas and North Las Vegas is on the move and moving quickly. When you are looking for a home you need to be able to make decisions quickly and get your offer in NOW. You should already know if the area is ok or meets the needs of what you are looking for. The time it takes to answer these types of questions, means more than likely you will not get the house, due to the multitude of offers coming in from other buyers. You need to do some homework and be prepared to put in an offer quickly on a home you see that you like. Waiting in this market is not an option right now. If I can be of assistance to you in your search, please feel free to contact me at 702-526-0468.
The Las Vegas market is especially "HOT" right now, so when you find a property that you are interested in, you need to know if the area is desirable to you immediately. By the time you post a question here, the property is likely to already have offers and may already be contingent or pending. That being said, I suggest that you determine which amenities you are looking for; schools, parks, shopping, traffic, parking, proximity to work, crime and overall atmosphere, as well as the features in the home; single story, town house, HOA fees, pool, gourmet kitchen etc. Once you narrow down the area(s) you are interested in and the features you want in a home, you will be able to put an offer on a home as soon as it is available. A buyers agent can narrow down your search by the home features and zip code which will make your decision on a property that comes on the market easier as you will know that the home is in an area that is desirable to you.
As far as "overbidding" as long as you are able to get the mortgage for the loan amount (meaning you may be putting down considerably more than 20%) and you are comfortable with the price you are offering, it makes sense. Many times, in this market, homes are put on the market BELOW value to encourage a bidding battle. GOOD LUCK.
Sandy,
I reside in North Las Vegas and am very familiar with the area surrounding Passionfruit St. What exactly are you interested in knowing about that area?

Cody
Hi Sandy,

Our present market has become a sellers market, at this point the value (overbidding) is a matter of what you feel the value is worth to you, if you really like the property then you are not overbidding, people forget that a property should be viewed as a home rather then a simple dollar sign, while I agree every property has a value, today it's what that value is to you.

I would suggest that you visit the police logs and chamber of commerce sites for questions that you may have on any neighborhood.

If you need any help we would be happy to assist you, please feel free to give us a call.

we Do answer our phones.
HI Sandy...
I hope you're doing well...can you give me the address of the property you are interested in? I'll be happy to research and get back with you. I look forward to hearing from you. Jennifer
What's the address on Passion Fruit?

http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
If unfamiliar with the area, take the time and revisit more than once; possibly chat with locals/neighbors, check out all that is important to you, etc., then determine if your comfort level can be reached; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.