Home Buying in Reading>Question Details

Linpavlick, Home Buyer in Spring City, PA

I am looking for an atleast 2 beadroom home that is rent with option to buy. We lived on Buttonwood before and didn't mind it....

Asked by Linpavlick, Spring City, PA Mon Jan 14, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3092529386-819-Chestnut-St-Re…

Answers

5
If you're able to rent with the thought of purchasing the home, why not try to get pre-approved for a mortgage? There are many programs available and also options if your credit isn't perfect. I can help you with your mortgage questions. Give me a call or email me at jware@waterstonemortgage.com

Jamie Ware
Loan Officer
Waterstone Mortgage
Hi there,
Many options are available for you. Give me a call or email me with a phone number and time to call you.
Lin,

I did a search and found 6 properties in Reading School District that were Lease/purchase, owner financing or rent to own. They were between 20k to 47k.

These types of "financing" can work but I have found that some are rigged to have the buyer not succeed and lose down money or the additional rent. This can happen if the seller requires that you get your own mortgage in a very short amount of time. Other times the price of the property are extremely high or the interest rate is excessive.

One also needs to check that the seller is not in financial difficulty and in danger of losing the property. If that happens you will lose all that you have invested.

That being said your Realtor should protect you against many of these pitfalls.

Lease / purchases do work but they should be entered in with caution.

Please contact me if I can help you furthur.

Vav Vavreck
Century 21 Park Road
484-388-1604
There are actually a couple of options including brand-new construction that will do rent to own in this area, but it depends on what your budget is? If you're interested, give me a call on my cell at 610-207-0172 or my office (9-5) at 610-372-3200, ext 3981.

Are you looking for a home in Reading school district only? Some sellers are open to that set up but it's not always advertised that way. We can find you some options of homes you like and then reach out to the listing agent to find out if the seller would consider.

If you'd like some help just let me know. :)
We are looking from reading to pottstown as long as it is rent with option to buy and it isn't to expensive as we are expecting our first child in April.

We can use all the help we can get :)
Flag Mon Jan 14, 2013