Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

cbro9507, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

I am looking for an area to start searching for a home which will increase in value over the next 2-5 years. My max is 250K and I am willing to put in

Asked by cbro9507, Washington, DC Mon Feb 17, 2014

Answers

7
For $250,000 check out some of these listings. Go luck to you

http://www.buyandsellnewhomes.com/idx/search.html?refine=tru…
Some areas to consider are Petworth, Columbia Heights, Bloomingdale, Eckington, H street, Other parts of Capital Hill. Contact me and I would be happy to show some potential properties. 301-742-5759 Thanks and good luck!
Who knows what the market will do in the next 2-5 years. The housing market could crash tomorrow or it could increase. Who knows?
Question is - Are you interested in a new or lived in home?
My suggestion is to consider a home that needs some cosmetic repairs that has equity built in to the purchase price. If you're looking for a mortgage to help you finance the property, you may want to consider exploring an FHA 203k streamline for the purchase of the property. This program allows you to purchase a property and access up to 35,000 in allowable renovations. I work specifically with agents to identify properties that allow home buyers to utilize this specific program with properties to maximize equity for buyers looking for an investment opportunity as well as a home to enjoy for the short term. Should you have any questions feel free to reach me at 410-656-9495. Good luck with your search.
Hello, I recommend finding areas on the edges of areas that have recently appreciated in value. When an area appreciates it has a tendency to "spread" some going forward. Of course you want an agent that is very familiar with other aspects of these areas that may be positive or negative. Also, if you are not yet pre approved by a bank lender please consider giving me a call to help you take this first step. I am in Silver Spring on 16th Street right on the DC border so I am local and familiar with the area. You can email me at robertlh66@verizon.net or by phone at 301-651-7822. Please leave a voicemail if I am unable to pick up right away and I will get right back to you. Thanks! Robert Hanson
Web Reference: http://www.loansfromrob.com
No one can promise a future value on any real estate, markets change constantly. One affordable area that seems to be doing well in DC is Deanwood. Zip code 20019. I would be happy to show you some homes there if you like. I believe that $250K will give you many options.