Home Buying in Clermont>Question Details

Dominique Mc…, Home Buyer in Binghamton, NY

I am looking for an agent who is willing to work with me and not try to put me in a high price home. I will be moving to Florida.

Asked by Dominique Mcbride, Binghamton, NY Wed Mar 6, 2013

So far I have not found someone I feel is willing to work with us. There are so many things we do not know because we leave in NY. Will be there at Easter time and do have some places I would like to see.

Answers

9
Antonio Vega-Pacheco’s answer
Dominique:

It appears you are looking in the Clermont area. Clermont south gets closer to Disney. Prices in the Disney are have gone up on the average 100K home about 30K over the last 18 months. Also inventory has shrunk significantly. Do not confuse an agent who is trying to be honest with you and telling you things as they are in order to save you time and headache, with one that is trying to get you to buy above your means.

We have lots of competition for listings, some properties get over 20 offers and the seller usually goes for highest cash offer or best loan terms. What this means is that an FHA loan or an offer much below asking price rarely have a winning chance. Of course every property is different. You also need to understand what Short-Sales are, since they sound like good deals but are not good uptions for all buyers.

My best advice is that you go to the Green Trulia bar above and click on "Find a Pro", insert your zipcode. Look at the list of agents that appears, read about them and check their recommendations. Call one or two and see who you feel the most comfortable with. Ask them to email you a list of homes and set you up for daily or weekly updates, they will gladly do so. Best of all you will get a list customized to what you are looking for and it is a FREE service from the agent. Then you can agree with them when it is time to start looking inside the units and making offers. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty Kissimmee
407-791-9086
AVegaPacheco@aol.com
Hi Dominique:

Purchasing a home is the biggest purchase that most people will make in their lives and understandably so you need to find the right match. As great as an agent might be your personalities might not simply be a great fit. So do not be afraid of calling a few agents or sending emails to a few agents and find the right match.

I have lived in Clermont area for about 3 years. It is a beautiful city with some hilly areas, Lake Louisa state park, It is tucked away yet close to Hwy 27 & 50 for easy access to Disney, Orlando,…
I have been Exit’s #1 buyer's agent in entire state of Florida (we have about 1300 offices & 40000+ agents throughout North America so I feel very fortunate to be where I am at this point). We have had about 142 sales during the past year alone and I have had 5 Million dollar sales as well as $50K sales. Each client has its own needs and behind all these numbers there is a person looking to make a life changing move so as an agent I just enjoy being a part of that move and help my clients the best that I possibly can regardless of the price of the home.

below is the link to a bunch of home in Clermont you can play with the search, changethe price range, number of bedrooms,... and look at your options:

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/…

Hope this helps.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 25 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Antinio gives great advise, however; all agents you may want to talk with are not Trulia Pros. I use to be a Pro here but I switched my ad dollars to Zillow - don't think that makes me a bad agent.

NO agent should be trying to shoehorn you into more than you want or can afford.

First and best reason, DUH, if you can not afford it, the bank will not cut you the loan.

My Grandfather was born here in Orlando in 1890, my Father settled here in 1928, My Mother in Lake county in 1927, I was born reared Florida, 1947 with degrees in business and Economics and 35 years as an international CEO.

I know the area and JUST how to help you.

John
352-978-4539
Hi Dominique! I am originally from Buffalo so I know what you're going through! I would love to help you. Feel free to "check up" on me... http://.www.taramoorerealestate.com and click on the about me section :)
I'm with Antonio on this one.
Hi Dominique,

I would be happy to assist you. I moved here almost 3 years ago from NJ and I remember how much I had to learn about the area, schools and neighborhoods so I could feel comfortable in my relocation. I listen to what my client's needs are which is most important to ensure you are happy in your new home.

Beverly Amerman
Coldwell Banker West Realty
bevamerman@cfl.rr.com
609-381-2153
There are plenty of homes in all price ranges. Do you want to be on the lake or in a subdivision?

Call me if interested.

Gloria
407-473-2569
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Clermont, Fl 34711
Hi Dominique,

I would be glad to work with you with the price range that you are most comfortable with. Please feel free to call me at your convenience. Customer service is key when assisting buyers. Take care.

Sharon Black
Avalar Real Estate Services
407-491-6291
sharonblack10@yahoo.com
Sharon; welcome to the Trulia blogosphere. Since you work out of Clermont Im sure we will be seeying lots of you.
Flag Wed Mar 6, 2013
Hi Dominique.

Feel free to contact me. I will be more than happy to help you out and will keep your best interest in mind.

Becky Burke
Morris Williams Realty
Beckybrealtor@yahoo.com
352-536-4297