Home Buying in Clifton>Question Details

Napoabc, Home Buyer in Wayne, NJ

I am looking for a southern walkable east coast shore town. My budget is $250,000. I've seen a lot of areas, but no walkable towns in my price

Asked by Napoabc, Wayne, NJ Sun Jun 10, 2012

range.

Answers

7
Mary Petti-ABR,SFR, Relocation’s answer
Napo,

Well if you are looking outside NJ for a shore home, that's a LOT of coastline to consider. You really should contact a local realtor in the areas you think you want to live and get an idea of what's available. I have a feeling that anywhere along the Atlantic shore, the home prices are not going to be anywhere near $250K max budget unless it's a fixer-upper or a condo unit..
Have you seen the prices of even small homes along the Jersey Shore? You pay a premium for the priviledge of being near the water just about anywhere you go.

Here's a link to Coastal Living web site. May have some good suggestions for you:

http://www.coastalliving.com/lifestyle/so-you-want-to-live-i…

Here's a link to a site called Walk-Score. You just enter an address (or town) and it tells you whether it's a walkable community or not.

http://www.walkscore.com/
Are you still seeking moving to the east coast
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 19, 2014
I was looking south of New Jersey. I'm in Wayne NJ & the taxes are a big issue here. I understand they are a lot less all the way from Delaware to Florida.
OH MY GOODNESS, YES THEY ARE FAR LESS, MORE SOUTH AND THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF FANTASTIC COMMUNITIES, ALONG THE COAST LINE; WHAT ABOUT MRYTLE BEACH AREA, DO YOU LIKE THAT? LEAVING WAYNE? WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR HOME IS WORTH TODAY? IFSO, JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SUPPLY YOU WITH A GREAT, DETAILED REPORT AND BE DISCREET ABOUT IT, TOO;; GEORGE "SERVICE" CONKLIN 973-248-9293 OR JERSEYGEORGE@AOL.COM
Flag Mon Jun 11, 2012
It would depend on what you are expecting to get for your money. We have some condos in Southern Monmouth County walkable towns. If you want a single family home, you'll have to do a lot of work if you can find something.
Reach out to me via Trulia or my website and I"ll send you out some suggestions.
Web Reference: http://dianeglander.com
Hello Napoabc, not sure of your definition of -walkable-, do you mean flat or safe? All of the shore towns are very well protected and patrolled, so probably 95% are walkable, if that is you concern; What areas have you seen, that you would define as unwalkable? I have a couple of friends (agents) that could help you in south Jersey; Look forward to your reply;
George "SERVICE" Conklin 973-248-9293 Jerseygeorge@aol.com
REALTY EXECUTIVES office 973-575-6700
Napoabc,

Were you asking about New Jersey shore towns or anywhere on the East Coast?
Key West is very walkable, and you can score a small condo in that price range. Best of luck...