Home Buying in West Eugene>Question Details

onslowkua, Home Buyer in Salem, OR

I am looking for a small house that requires little care near shopping and transit. I do not drive. I also need a fenced yard.

Asked by onslowkua, Salem, OR Mon Jul 2, 2012

If West Eugene can't offer what I need, what neighborhood would?

Answers

9
You might try the area around downtown. Many of the homes there are smaller, with fenced yards and very close to the city center with shopping, Hult Center, LCC downtown center, the bus depot, etc. Many of these homes are also quite charming, with a style and character that you don't find in newer homes. Check it out.

Ron Bush
Equinox Real Estate
541-514-1141
Since you're looking ot buy a home you need to find a good lender and a good Buyers Agent. If you've not been pre-approved for a loan there is no way that an agent can suggest an area and/or a property for you -- since your finances need to be in place prior to looking for a home. if you're paying with cash, then you need to provide this information to your agent. Once you've got your financial ducks in a row, then your Buyer's Agent can go about finding you properties that match your budget based on your ability to borrow.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
There is a house @ 767 Madison Street for sale right now. I saw the for sale sign out front. It looks cute. I am not a broker or lender. I saw this house on Zillow too. Looks like the Seller lowered the price by $5,000.00 so they seem to be motivated to sell.
Just in case you are still searching for a conveniently located, easy care home with a fenced yardin the Eugene area... I'll suggest the Island Lakes Condominiums which offer easy to use bus service and a quick connection to the bike paths along the Willamette River. The condos are just a few minutes from Valley River Centery shopping, theatres, restaurants, community centers, churches, many doctors, grocery and pet supply stores, etc. The bike paths lead you through beautiful scenery to most anywhere around town and out toward the countryside. These condos have modest association dues which afford you the benefit of exterior home maintenance and a nice club house boasting a nice gathering room, large kitchen and outdoor pool. The buildings are in good condition and attractively place amid landscaped grounds with water features and mature plantings. Instead of a private fenced yard the come with enclosed patio space. Small pets are allowed in these condos and it seems that many residents find the enclosed patio is an ideal alternative to a fenced in yard.
Look into a Villa or Condo. Your yard work should be covered in your association fees.
West Eugene is a great area with lots of houses that would fit your needs. There are other areas of Eugene that would work well for you as well, Ferry street bridge, River Road or SW Eugene.

Like others have answered, I would recommend picking a local Realtor to help you out. I would be happy to work with you, look at housing that would fit your needs, and make your transition as smooth as possible.

Feel free to give me a call, or send over an email.

Darren Ricketts, Broker
Windermere Real Estate/Lane County
darrenr@windermere.com
541-484-2022
There is a way to look at that on line also - just make sure the areas you are getting into have the transit so that you can shop and keep life simple for yourself.
You didn't mention a price range, however, keeping in mind the West Eugene area you mentioned, other similar neighborhoods would include the River Rd area, and Santa Clara, as well as pockets southwest of downtown. I see you are in Salem now, how soon will you be needing housing in Eugene? If there is anything I can do to be of service to you, please call, or check out all the area listings on my website http://(www.DonnaWhitman.com).

Always at your service,

Donna Whitman, Broker
Friends & Neighbors Realty Group
541-505-4547
Hi there,

There are a few areas around Eugene that would work for you, Southwest Eugene or the Ferry Street Bridge area might be good. It would be best to work with a realtor here in the Eugene area. There is no cost to you the buyer to have a realtor help you in your search for and purchase of a home.

Kindly,
Janet

Janet Asman
Key Realty Group
541-912-1543