Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Richard Resl…,  in San Diego, CA

I am looking for a single family lease option in Rancho Penasquitos. Any advise is appreciated.?

Asked by Richard Reslow, San Diego, CA Sun Jan 20, 2013

Answers

3
Hi Richard,

It would seem to me that the best approach to take would be to find some places that you find desirable in 92129 and then have an agent reach out to the selling side to see if they would be interested in doing a lease with an option to buy. Any time there is an option, the seller should be charging a premium for this right that you get as the buyer. The question then becomes, "how much is this right worth to you?"

Since the market is extremely hot now with inventory levels down and multiple offers (often times, above asking price and all cash) happening, the likelihood of a seller electing to make this option available is not nearly as likely as during a market where properties are lingering.

There are some other techniques that can be utilized and in this competitive market, it is absolutely critical to be working with a business professional who is proactive and thinks outside the box. We are in a time right now where buyers must act and not merely react.

Hope this helps!

Chad Basinger, REALTOR®, CPA, CFP®
858-997-3704
chad@chadbasinger.com
Honestly - there aren't a lot of lease options right now. Sales are brisk...so property owners don't need to do that. I encourage you to either buy or rent...find that lease options will probably be a bit tough right now...but I wish you the best of luck!
Good morning Richard,

I can help you find a lease option. I need to know the specifics of what you are looking for in order to be able to help you. Please feel free to email or call me as I am always available.

Mike Urlacher
REALTOR® - Sales Associate
Prudential CA Realty
C (858)207-7583
mikeu@prusd.com