Coleen, Other/Just Looking in 92656

I am looking for a 3- or 4-bedroom, beautiful, detached home in Mission Viejo. This is for my friend Joe, a great guy who works with me and who can...

Asked by Coleen, 92656 Wed Oct 28, 2009

...qualify for about $400k. He was looking at homes in the 600k range, but that's not going to work. Needs: a backyard big enough for a pool and large BBQ, bedrooms large enough to attract a renter and a large driveway. He's been waiting to buy for a long time and is ready, but is rather choosy when it comes to the feel of the home. Can you help?. He was looking at homes in the 600k range, but that's not going to work. Needs: a backyard big enough for a pool and large BBQ, bedrooms large enough to attract a renter and a large driveway. He's been waiting to buy for a long time and is ready, but is rather choosy when it comes to the feel of the home. Can you help?

Answers

12
yes ..not only can I find him a great home in Mission Viejo..but I have the best people to qualify him and get him ready for his move....FAST....So let's have some fun and take the day and look for the home for your friend..Call Joe and then call me ...Thanks Rosie Evergreen Realty on the lake..
Hi Coleen,

In 2009 you probably found a great deal.....if you are still monitoring this question, I'd love to hear if you found the right home for you.

Karen
Yes I can help find you a home that you love. Call me so I can get more information and then we can go out and looke at homes.

949-306-4647
stacynelson@firstteam.com
Web Reference: http://www.stacy-nelson.com
I know of a great home in Mission Viejo! In this market, there are quite a few that will suit your friend's criteria. It is a very different market than it used to be, when it wasn't possible to buy a home less than $600K.

It is my pleasure to help!
Colleen-

You are a good friend by helping out Joe like this, and you came to a great forum for help. I know you posted this quite some time ago but, in the even he is still searching for that 3-4 Bedroom home in Mission Viejo for $400,000 or less...this could be the answer. It is a short sale, however if he has patience in finding the right home, maybe taking a look at this would be worth his time. The link to the listing is here, and feel free to contact me with any further questions.
Web Reference: http://bit.ly/dqoPwn
Hi Coleen.....are you still looking? This one just listed.
Wow Coleen, looks like this Trulia Voices thing really works! :) You have some great responses and I wish you (and Joe, lol) the best of luck! MV is one great town!

The Coach
Web Reference: http://AskEB.com
Hi Coleen,
There are two properties, MLS# P708308 & P701291 which may work for your friend. The rooms can rent out for about $800 each, which should help cover the mortgage payment. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Mary Morris
Weichert Realtors Gold Coast
949.202.6306 direct
Lic# 01456484
Hi Coleen,

What a nice friend you are.....but we women often do the legwork, don't we? The best thing is to research Realtors and find one you like and who knows the area. I moved to Mission Viejo in 1966 when I was 5 and have been here ever since...it's a great place to live and raise kids.

I would do some "Googing" of agents and then once you find one you like....I'd be happy to help :)....then we can get you and your friend some listings to start looking through.

Hope this helps....feel free to shoot me a private email if you'd like me to send you some homes to start looking through.

K
Hello Coleen, I'm Bob Phillips. I have been selling real estate in Mission Viejo since 1976, and have literally watched it grow up. Joe can use the search page I've linked below to help him find properties, and he can also do it the old fashioned way, by giving me a call or an email - both linked in my profile - just click on my smile.

Here's the bad news. Contrary to another answer, prices have gone up slightly since February 1st of this year, and while things are usually slower over this next 3 months, I doubt that prices will fall during that period. Once next January 31st has passed, it will be another "Katie! Bar the door!" market, just like it was earlier this year, with multiple offers on ALL the properties in Joe's price range - with a resulting further nudge upward, of prices.

Joes best time to buy in this area is NOW - over this next 3 months - before the flood of buyers hits the market again, next February. Please have him give me a call today - I am available to work with him this weekend!
Web Reference: http://tr.im/FreeMLSSearch
Hi Coleen,

Looks like there's two homes that meet your criteria. MLS numbers: P704071 and S557787. They both are short sales. Tell Joe to be patient as I believe prices will come down and more foreclosures are coming. Lastly, tell him to insist on a home buyer rebate. Best wishes, tom
Hello Coleen,

I would be more than happy to help him locate the house of his dreams! I live in and work the area Mission Viejo. Let me know if I can be of service or have him give me a call @ 949-888-6650