Home Buying in Waikiki>Question Details

John Arendsen, Real Estate Pro in Encinitas, CA

I am looking for a local RE Professional to help me find a good residential investment in Waikiki within walking distance to the beach.

Asked by John Arendsen, Encinitas, CA Mon May 26, 2014

We are looking for a residential property i.e. small home, condo, town home, fractional ownership/timeshare or even periodic trades with our Leucadia vacation home or Vista, CA estate for a property in the Waikiki area within walking distance to the beach. We may also be interesting in exploring a 1031 or1034 xchange. We are planning to spend several weeks/months a year in Hawaii.

Answers

10
Waikiki is a wonderful area to secure a vacation/rental home but you may also want to consider Ko Olina as an option as well. For the 1031 exchange, Old Republic Title and Escrow have a 1031 division that handles those exchanges specifically and typically do a very good job with them.

If you would like me to set up a search for you within our MLS please let me know what your requirements are (location, price, size, pet policy etc) and I will be happy to create a search for you. It will not only pull current matches, but when a property is added to the MLS that is a match you will get notified the same day.

Aloha,
Catherine Pierce
A House Sold Name!
Bob Vieira Realty, LLC
http://www.cathypierce.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 7, 2014
Hi There!

If you haven't found an agent yet give us a call 808-735-5588.

We our a full service Real Estate Company also managing Vacation Rentals in Waikiki=Win Win.

Aloha,

Jonelle Bechard
http://www.captaincookrealestate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 24, 2014
Hi John,

Contact me and let's get it started. I love Encinitas, I went to USD.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 6, 2014
Jonelle Bechard, I'm actually looking for a condo, town home, small cottage or home in Waikiki as a place we can visit several times a year for 1-2 weeks at a time and the rest of the time rent out. So we will also need a property manager who specializes in weekly monthly rentals as well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 8, 2014
Catherine Pierce, We're looking for a condo, town home, cottage, small home, etc. within walking distance from the beach. No pets. Only my wife and I. Price 200-400k. We would like something we could rent when we're not using it. We plan to visit Waikiki a few times a year for a week or two at a time and would like to rent it out when not.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 8, 2014
Lisa, do you have anything a little closer than 10 minutes from the beach?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 8, 2014
Baron, My daughter was awarded a full ride basketball scholarship to USD. What a great school and great conference
Hi Catherine and thank you for your reply. Sorry for not getting back sooner but with the current "NOTIFICATION" platform being down I have to go back several pages on my Q/A history and look to see who's replied to my questions.

We're not interested in the Ko Olina area. We are Marriott Vacation Club owners and have stayed at the Ko Olina resort. My problem with that whole area is a) there's no close surf breaks and b) it's just too cookie cutter. It reminds me of Irvine, California with all the tracts, and commercial and industrial centers. There's no feeling of Hawaii.

We really want to be in the Waikiki area for a variety of reasons a) we love the surf there, b) we love walking the beach, c) we love the multitude of dining choices available and d) we just love the charm, ambience and history of the entire area.

We've visited all the islands over the decades that we've been fortunate to visit the Islands and really like all of them for their own charm, history and beauty. However, at this station in our lives we just like the excitement and variety of choices available in the Waikiki area.

Should you run across anything that you think might fit our profile please feel free to contact me anytime. My email is surferjohnarendsen@gmail.com. Or you can call me at 760 815-6977.
Oh Yea....just like everyone else, every Real Estate Agent comes across.
KNOW YOUR MARKET.
WORK WITH A BROKER WITH EXPERIENCE IN THE MARKET YOU CHOOSE
BE PATIENT AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FINANCES TO COMPLETE THE PURCHASE!

Mike Gallagher http://www.hawaiirealestatestatistics.com
Not at all sure what you're clambering on about or what it has to do with my question. In answer to your answer, I do plan to work with an experienced and successful broker/agent in Waikiki. Duh, That's why I posted this question. I've got all the patience in the World and I'm not in any panic to pull the trigger. I indeed have the finances to purchase should the right buying opportunity come along. Finally when that time comes it surely won't be with you as that RE Professional thank you very much!
Flag Mon Jul 14, 2014
Mike, Not at all understanding your comment. Have no idea what you are talking about.
Flag Mon Jul 14, 2014
We are also interested in any investment properties whereby we could realize rental revenue and would also yield us a place to live during our periodic stays.
Flag Sat Nov 8, 2014
Aloha John, I have a unique studio loft in Wakiki that you might want to consider. It is located at 445 Kaiolu Street Suite 102. It is on the ground floor but it has been completely upgraded to include koa flooring, new paint, custom built island, granite countertops etc. It is about 10 minutes walk to the beach, close to public transportation, waikiki restaurants and activities! Dont miss this opporunity to own something unique and priced to sell at $219,500 FS! I look forward to hearing from you. Lisa van den Heuvel 808-381-4412
Flag Sat Aug 16, 2014