Home Buying in Almaden>Question Details

Jacob, Home Buyer in Almaden, San Jose, CA

I am looking for a house in almaden, ca. 4 rooms, 2 bath, for about $400.000

Asked by Jacob, Almaden, San Jose, CA Fri Aug 28, 2009

Answers

6
Jacob

So is everyone! :-)
400K is hard to find in Santa Teresa.

The last REO I sold in Almaden was $725K and we got multiple offers.

How flexible are you on location?

Rebekah Owen, MBA
Managing Broker
http://www.BenchmarkProperties.com
650-492-5958 214-257-0193
CA#00994952. TX#0555675
I recommend you look at the qualities you appreciate in Almaden and then review the neighborhoods that are close by or those neighborhoods that offer you a similar feeling or quality.

If it is schools, Milpitas and North San Jose have some excellent pockets of schools for lower pricing, as does the corridor in Santa Clara that feeds to Cupertino Schools (in 95051). If it is a more rural or large lot feeling, you can get some amazing pricing in the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains or the base of Mt. Madonna behind Almaden and up into the hills. For instance, there is a home on 5 acres on Croy Road for $375K and this can be accessed through Almaden.

Willow Glen has some qualities not unlike Almaden and there are a dozen homes in the 4-bedroom and 3-bedroom range under $400,000 if you are OK with a townhouse or condominium.

I recommend you take some time to make a list. What do you seek? If you truly want to be ONLY in Almaden Valley, then you might want to wait and save up for a bigger down payment and higher pre-qual level. Otherwise, I suggest you get with a San Jose realtor and provide clues as to what makes you happy and ask them to identify locations that may be a fit.

I also like the area in Campbell behind Santana Row -- you have the nice Moreland schools, proximity to 280, 85, 101, everything!

Erica M Nelson
EricaNelsonEstates@gmail.com
http://www.EricaNelsonEstates.com
Check out my new listing! 4,961 square feet of living space on 13 acres with panoramic views of the entire city!
Hi Jacob, if you can afford a loan approval for a higher purchase price you could get a SMALL home or townhome in Almaden area. If you'd like me to send you some listings, please email me through my website below.
Currently in the Almaden Valley area of San Jose there are 58 single family homes with 4+ bedrooms and 2+ baths showing available at this time. The prices for them range from $695,000 to $4,275,000.

4 bedroom, 2 bath exactly, there are 4 homes from $740,000 to $1,650,000.

There is one townhouse with 4/3 and it is $820,000.

Would you consider the Campbell or Santa Teresa area?

Dawn O'Neal
Realty World Executive Advantage
Dawn@DawnOneal.com
Web Reference: http://www.DawnOneal.com
Hello Jacob,

Homes at that price don't exist in Almaden Valley. The minimum price for a 4br home there is $695,000.

You need to look in a different neighborhood to find 4br homes anywhere near $400K.

Bart Marchioni
Certified Foreclosure & Short Sale Specialist
408-266-3100
Hi Jacob,
Sorry, I checked and the cheapest 4 bed in Almaden is going for 700k, I don't believe you will find a 400k home or Townhome in Almaden any more as the market is much stronger now. You might want to look in other areas as there is 1 townhome active with 4 beds at 820k . You might try Cambrian, Willow glen, North San Jose, Blossom Valley and Campbell, but even in those areas the prices have gone up and the competition is VERY strong.
Please let me know if you need assistance, I would be happy to help.
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
DRE# 01397256