Home Buying in Thousand Oaks>Question Details

Yvette, Home Buyer in California

I am looking for a home with a guest house for under 950K in the Thousand Oaks CA area, any suggestions?

Asked by Yvette, California Sun Dec 30, 2007

Answers

3
Darla’s answer
There is one in Camarillo. I have seen this listing, and it is beautiful.
The address is 824 Piropo Ct.
To search you can use the following public link. http://www.SeeAllListings.com/darladennis
Hi Yvette, I have a few suggestions for you. First, there are a few properties on the market right now that might just meet your requirements. I see a 3+2.5 with a 565sq ft 1+1 for 759,000 in westlake. Also, there are also a few other homes that have a guest quarters. I could forward them to you by email. If you would like to contact me I have provided a link to my web site. Personally, I have always owned a home with a guest quarters. That may seem odd but when I was a younger single gal, I loved to rent them because I could live in a neighborhood rather than a complex. So, when I became a homeowner I looked for a home that allowed me to rent a small guest quarters. It worked out so well that designed one into my current home too. The units were both completely seperate from my home but attached. In the MLS, these can range from a maids quarters to a fully attached private entrance area. I always think it is important to look at the sq footage you want for your living space plus the sq ft you need for the additional area. Sometimes its as easy as finding a very large home with the right layout. This is what I have because some homes that dont have a formal guest quarters may be well set up that with a few changes, they will. Depends on what you need. An attached guest quarters can have advantages and disadvantages. You should work with an agent who knows the area and also understands what your goal is, be it to meet the needs of a multi-generational living arrangements or an income producing. Not all set ups are very well designed. Some may be detached but leave little privacy as someone will have to walk through the yard to get to the unit. Some lack convenient parking for the guest unit. There are a lot of things to consider. You might also consider expanding your area a bit. On the west side of Simi, there are a lot of large lot custom homes, some with guest quarter. I would also look slightly above the price you can really afford because there are some Sellers hoping for a great asking price but willing to settle for less. A guest house property is going to be like any other. You'll probably have to come up with your wish list and find the best fit and best value for your needs. I dont think that your price range is unreasonable but you didnt mention if you are only looking for newer construction or certain areas. Realtor.com and some other web sites may not be able to specify your criteria as well as an MLS search will. So, let me know if you would like that sent to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2007
Hi Yvette,

Although I don’t have any properties in the Thousand Oaks area, I do have one in Pleasanton. I will attach the link for you to view. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me!

Rebecca 'Tiger' Harrison