Emma Brooks, Other/Just Looking in Bronx, NY

I am looking for a home in Groversville,NY. Can someone tell me what areas I should look at. I have two

Asked by Emma Brooks, Bronx, NY Sat May 2, 2009

children and want a good neighborhood and good schools.

Answers

5
Hi Emma,my name is Selena Long and I am an Associate Broker with Coldwell Banker Arlene M.Sitterly Inc.I would be happy to help you find the house you are looking for.Have you been pre-qualified by a lender?If so knowing price range and what your needs are.Feel free to contact me at 518-725-2021 or by e-mail at sjlny@citlink.net Hope to hear from you soon...Selena
IAM looking to sell my house soon. I live in a quiet
area Good schools. Inground pool. 3 beds 2 baths
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
Things are a little slow right now but come spring I predict the market will be busy.I do have several people looking now but I would need to know more about your home.You can call me at 518-725-2021 or by e-mail at sjlny@citlink.net My name is Selena Long.I have been in real estate for 24 yrs. and I am an associte broker with Coldwell Banker Arlene M.Sitterly Inc.
Flag Wed Jan 30, 2013
Gloversville like so many other upstate New York smaller towns have been hit hard by the economic downturn. Historically an industrial town that relied on leather good production for the backbone of their economy but this industry fell by the wayside long befor the present economic difficulties.

Like most areas, there are those places that you would like to live and others that don't meet your standards. A visit to Gloversville would likely reveal a struggling community, deep with history, and pride that goes beyond explanation.

As a former area resident, I would say that MaryEllen's account would be considerably more accurate than Melissa's depiction but everyone is entitled to their opinion....but it doesn't make it true!

Respectfully,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
i am sorry but i do not reccomend moving to Gloversville!! main st is basically a line of run down empty stores. crime is awful, the schools are terrible. taxes are insane. i live about 40 minutes from gloversville and i hate to drive through it. johnstown is much better town. i am sorry i dont want to be rude. i just am telling you the truth. sure there are some beautiful houses in gloversille for sale. and they are listed at great prices. but its only because its a terrible town and people that have been there their lifetime cant stand it anymore and want out.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Hi Emma, I hope you mean Gloversville? Its is a great city not very big but offers many elementary schools that you could walk to from home. the high school & middle school are "up on a hill" so not easy to walk to unless you live near in that neighborhood.
I think our schools offer great programs and our teachers work hard with the students. I hope you can come visit and check out the schools in person with your kids! The city has many different housing styles in the different neighborhoods, We have hills and flat areas of town, there are cottage homes, big victorians, lots of two family's (we were the largest leather industry long ago) and then there's more modern ranch styles in some areas. You can still go to city schools via bus and live in the country too! I love living here and think, Its a great place to live and raise your family! Welcome! MaryEllen, ADK Realty
Web Reference: http://www.adksrealty.com