Home Buying in Fanwood>Question Details

Sprasa03, Other/Just Looking in Fanwood, NJ

I am looking for a good, safe neighborhood to raise young kids between Fanwood, NJ and Paterson, NJ. What do you suggest?

Asked by Sprasa03, Fanwood, NJ Mon Mar 14, 2011

My parents live in Fanwood, NJ, my fiance's parents live in Paterson, NJ. We;re in our 30's, no kids yet.

We want to buy a home to start our family in between these two towns so both grandparents can be involved. Or at least a neighborhood with an equal commute from Fanwood and Paterson.

Someplace with low crime, good school system, and with recent news of all the flood we are also searching for a neighborhood with no flooding problems.

What do you suggest?

Answers

6
Hi- You might want to consider Morris County.
There are many towns that have great schools,low crime etc. and should be an easy commute to future grandparents..
I don't know your price range but if you call or e-mail me I would be happy to send you some current listings.

Best of luck.Carolle
973-960-8002 cell
Since real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, consider doing additional research of your own beforehand--visit a neighborhood more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals, drive around, look at everything that is important to you, etc. For any crime concerns, for accurate and up to the minute information, do visit/contact the local authorities and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. For the schools, see link below, but also consider a personal visit, ask for a tour of the facility, speak to the superintendent, principal, teachers, etc., then make a determination. For flood areas, see link below...
http://www.greatschools.org/
http://www.msc.fema.gov/
Sprasa03,
You mentioned your desire to be between Fanwood and Paterson, but you didn't mention
where you commute to. Some towns are better than others for NYC commuters; while if
you are working in NJ and plan to drive, you may prefer access to the GSP or Rt 78 for example.

Another big factor will be your budget -- towns like Summit and Millburn are quite pricey,
while New Providence, Berkeley Heights, and Westfield are a bit less so.

I'd be happy to speak with you about various options that would fit your budget and other requirements.

Marilyn Holda-Fleck
Prudential New Jersey Properties
Hi Sprasa03,

Why NOT Fanwood, Scotch Plains, New Providence, Mountainside, Clark etc.

Depending on what you are looking for in a house, price range, etc, there is a lot to choose from in many other towns other than those I mentioned.

Feel free to give me a call or email me at PruMaryNJ@aol.com. We can discuss in more detail what you are looking for and can tailor a search accordingly.

Mary Petti
Prudential NJ Properties
Westfield
908-675-0167
There are a number of areas that are great places to live in with low crime and great school system. You may want to consider Westfield, Cranford, Clark, Cranford and Fanwood. Please let me know if I can help you with anything. Shana Coelho - Remax Real Estate Group
Sprasa03,
Many towns to choose from though price may be a factor. Montclair, Livingston, Florham Park are just a few of towns that come to mind. Please contact me with more specific details of what you are looking for so I can guide you into the areas that best fit your needs and budget.