Home Buying in Marblehead>Question Details

Brian, Home Buyer in Marblehead, MA

I am looking for a buyer's broker in the Swampscott/Marblehead area that offers a rebate on the buyer

Asked by Brian, Marblehead, MA Thu Jun 18, 2009

broker's commission. Our price range is in the $600-$700k range

Answers

9
I've sold three houses in Marblehead in the last month, two as a buyer's broker.
Please call and we can discuss your needs. 781-639-7771.
Brian,
I am the broker owner of Boston Fine Homes and would enjoy the opportunity to represent you as your buyer's broker (if you're still searching). Please call me directly to discuss the possibilities to save you the most money.

Joe Sollomi
617-480-5784
joe@bosfinehomes.com
http://www.bosfinehomes.com
Hi Brian- A realtor/ broker I work with does this kind of arrangement-
Julia Lowell- Owner-Assisted Property Services- 888-323-8700. She focuses on the North Shore area.

Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
I have offered rebates in the past and may do so in the future, depending on many factors.
My willingness to offer a rebate is not something I'd discuss in public, however, but would be happy to do so in person or on the phone. 781-639-7771.
Since we've been in business for 60 years in Marblehead we've obviously had the opportunity -- and necessity -- to make all manner of adjustments in our services.

And as a sidenote, every time one of my listings drops its price then my commission is necessarily adjusted downward.
I have a special (dare I say "exclusive") pricing so that during a negotiation my buyer-client does not pay for a negotiation that stops going his or her way.
Call for details.
I cannot for the life of me understand how rebates like these do not violate RESPA or Do Not get Counted as Interested Party Contributions when obtaining a mortgage. Typically and IPC would reduce the Sales price by the IPC so on a 700,000 loan and 80% LTV would be a loan amount of $560,000. With the 2% Rebate the Sales price would be reduced to 686,000 and the the loan amount at 80% would be $548,000. The loan amount would be lower by $12,000 with a rebate of $14,000 actual cash to the borrower is only $2,000 but they would have a lower loan amount. Definately a positive for the consumer.

My other question would be how could you offer the same level of service, a non rebate realtor offers while working on a much smaller margin. As a realtor or in my case a loan officer my time and knowledge is really all I am selling the mortgage itself is what it is. My time has a value and If I was to work on a smaller margin I would be saying that my time and knowledge isn't worth it. I don't have an issue working on a thin margin when a deal is a slam dunk and it only takes a minimum amount of time to complete the deal. The thing is you don't know it's an easy deal until after it's closed and if you agree to work at a discount and the transaction becomes complicated you have a choice.

1. Work for free (or virtually for free)
2. Don't invest the time the transaction calls for

I would not want to make that choice with what is likely the largest financial decision of a person's life.

Just my .02
I meant to leave a phone as well:
617-848-5407 extension 706
Brian, you will love our service ... It is actually party of our business model and we have quite a few clients in the north shore area: http://www.territoryre.com/getstarted.php

Our rebates are significant and we are saving our clients in your price range about $10,000-12,0000 on top of the savings we negotiate off the price.

We look forward to speaking with you.
Hi Brian,

I'm sure I can accomodate what your looking for give me a call to disuss

Kelli Cassidy
978-979-2823
For whom do you work? My company, CENTURY 21 Commonwealth, offers buyer's commission rebate to members and employees of companies and organizations that sign up with our affinity program. It is a benefit your company can to offer this to its employees and it's really easy to sign up.

Do you know if your company is registered with us? Do you think your company would be interested in this benefit? You could be the first beneficiary!

Let me know! greer.swiston@commonmoves.com
Web Reference: http://www.commonmoves.com