Home Buying in Mankato>Question Details

Julie Hess, Home Buyer in Des Moines, IA

I am looking for a 4 bedroom home in mankato minnesota, with one of the bedrooms being a mother in law type

Asked by Julie Hess, Des Moines, IA Tue Jan 6, 2009

seperate entrance apartment or one above a garage. I am looking at moving from Iowa to Mankato Minnesota in the spring and I am bringing my mother with me. I will be getting a job up there, have been talking to my job connection and they say keep posted. I also will be bringing my son who has health issues and disabilities. I am looking at price range of well not for sure, will have possibly 5k to put down.

Answers

5
2164 Eagle Ridge Drive, North Mankato. Back to an active listing today 8-13-2012. The original offers buyer cannot get finacing-so-it is for sale again. New roof in June 2012-new siding will be chosen this Wednesday 8-15 by the owners...If you submit an offer and it is accepted by then...you can pick your own color :) GREAT LOT-GREAT 4 bed 2 bath-3 stall garage. on an oversized lot. All appliances stay-full deck and swing set. Newly finshed basement familyroom-bath-2 bedrooms- Nice daylight windows in this home. Call Pam Davey with RE/MAX Dynamic Agents 507 381 4323
Hi, Julie:

823 Range Street in North Mankato has 3 main level bedrooms with full bathroom, 1 upper level suite inc. a full bathroom, and 1+ basement bedrooms with 3/4 bath. Basement has an additional kitchen and family room area as well. Would service nicely for a mother-in-law suite. Please contact Vonda Herding at Real Living Home to Home Realty / 507.385.7560 / vonda.herding@RealLiving.com if you wish to view this home.
Hi Julie,

I am a real estate broker in Mankato. I should be able to find you what you are looking for. There is currently a home on Meyer Lane in North Mankato that meets these needs, but there could be others that also can work once we take a look.

Let me know when you are in the area and we can meet to go over the current market, pricing and inventory.

Thank you!
Web Reference: http://www.LarryKaduce.com
Julie, you need to find an agent that works in the Mankato area. If you need help with finding an agent, let me know. Thanks.
Julie,

It might be worth renting for a bit of time in Mankato just to get to know the area. You might also want to use that time to save up more of a downpayment. While there are programs out there that will qualify you with minimal down they really aren't for people in your situation. Good Luck on your move and do let us know if you have any additional questions as the time draws nearer.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference: http://www.campiper.com