Blue, Home Buyer in 55435

I am looking for a 3bed / 2 bath townhouse in Woodbury,MN possibly new or built in the last 10 years. What would be the price range?

Asked by Blue, 55435 Fri Apr 27, 2012

What would be a fair offer price for this property?

http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-home/14-twin-cities/4586…

Answers

7
Kristen Wilson’s answer
Dale, I would suggest that you find the lender you're most comfortable with and discover what price range is comfortable for you. Once you know that number, the market is really interesting. If we watch closely sometimes we can snatch up a great deal--say if someone is wanting to move quickly. The prices are very interesting and when buyers are ready to go in this low inventory market they have the best chance of finding the special deal that surfaces. Let me know if I can help.
Kristen
Hey Blue,

With inventory being at an 8 year low, several pre-owned properties are going in to multiple offer situations. If you decide to build, you will be getting less home for your money since the builders have so much demand for new construction that they may not negotiate on price at all.

If you’re looking for a deal, you will have to find a Realtor that will think out of the box for you to find a property that has less competition for it. I have a few strategies that have worked for my clients and got them better homes for a fair price without going into a multiple offer situation.

The most important factors that you need to get lined up is that you are full approved by a mortgage lender and that the townhomes that you are looking at are approved for that type of financing. Some townhomes have lost their fha approval due to the number of foreclosure that they have had.
Currently fair price would be list or little above depending on days on market.
Thanks Dale
The ranges can be all over the board depending on what you are in the town home. $135,000-$400,000 an on up. http://www.mnhomescontractfordeed.com/washington-county
Skip the new town houses. There are TONS of existing town houses in Woodbury and the eastern suburbs of St Paul that will be a much better value than buying new.
Here are the listing & sales statistics for Woodbury at 3-Bdrm, 2-Bath, 1500+SqFt:

LISTINGS:
Low: $210,000
Medium: $224,900
Average: $225,500
High: $254,800

SALES:
Low: $192,000
Median: $200,000
Average: $249,900
High: $286,900

If I can be any further assistance, please give me a call at your convenience. I do have some time available tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday to conduct showings.

dsg
Blue,

To be honest builders dont always budge much on price. A lot of it has to do with what upgrades and amenities the unit has. Many times they will also try to get you to use thier lender and say that they will pay closing costs. I've dealt with many builders and can walk you through the process.

As far as your other question a 3 bed 2 bath townhome in Woodbury right now is going on average for $150,000. I know this because just did a market for that exact home. I also have a 3 bed, 2 bath townhome in Woodbury coming on the market in a few weeks for $149,900 that has brand new carpet! If you are interested in knowing more or seeing the home I can set up a private before the market showing. Send me a message. Thanks!

Ryan