Cherrys, Home Buyer in 75104

I am looking at purchasing a used KB home in Cedar Hill, TX for my son while he goes to college. It is in forclosure and below market value.

Asked by Cherrys, 75104 Mon Jan 11, 2010

I'm a concerened about the "bad" reputaion of KB homes and the problems with resale in 3 to 4 years. What is your opinion?

Answers

5
I grew up in Duncanville, which borders Cedar Hill. Duncanville was the big area in South Dallas in the 1970's and 1980's. Cedar Hill was the quiet hamlet. Now, their roles are reversed. Commercial growth moved out onto Hwy 67, and Cedar Hill took off like a rocket.

Every builder goes through their time in the hot seat for issues that happen (usually after closing and during the warranty period) in their neighborhoods. KB, like all other builders, has to meet building code for the city where the construction is taking place. And, home inspectors are in abundance in DFW to aid buyers in making the most informed decision about which home to buy. I suggest you make up your own mind.

Cedar Hill has seen tremendous growth in the last few years, and KB has a brand new neighborhood starting up in Cedar Hill, called Cedar Crest, and prices begin at $104,990. Do you know how hard it is to find a brand new home for under $125,000? KB has 7 plans under $125,000 in the community. That's an amazing pricing strategy that will make home owners out of many in 2010. And, with the great location of Cedar Hill, between Hwy 67 and I-20, you can reach my alma-mater, The University of Texas at Arlington, in under half an hour, even in the morning rush hour. I know your son is going into college, but Cedar Hill High School is a 5A school (that's BIG) and has a reputation for excellence. Schools are a big reason why resale homes continue to sell in a community. So, count me a fan of KB in Cedar Hill and I will even go out on a limb to say Cedar Hill will be a hot pocket of growth for the DFW Metroplex in 2010. Mark my words. I track the interest in that area online, and the level of hits Cedar Hill gets exceeds some of the North Dallas suburbs by double. Whether you buy new or resale, I'm happy to help.

Have blessed day!
Ronda

Ronda Allen, Realtor and Certified Purchasing Manager
CEO of comingsoonhomes.com
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs - serving the DFW Metroplex
Where is your son going to school?

What makes you say the home is below market value?

Tough to say without seeing the home and the neighborhood.
There are some neighborhoods full of foreclosures....and that may not be the best buy.
Web Reference: http://www.dfwSnapshot.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I truly believe that you should be open to viewing all properties within your price point. I'm a former Cedar Hill ISD teacher and I know the area extremely well. There are several properties out there that offer a bit more than what a KB foreclosure can give you.

I'm more than willing to assist you and your son in locating the right properties. I can promise you a that you all will get personalized service and will always able to reach me when you need. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at EricaTexada@ebby.com.
Cherry,

I’ve sold several KB home, the best value for your buck is Cedar Hill they are priced at a affordable price especially if you are going to buy for your son Get in touch with Anny Ortiz KB Best Sales Rep KB has. . Honest hardworking and the most knowledgeable.
Anny M. Ortiz
Certified New Home Sales Professional. NAHB Cell: 972-658-2746
aortiz@kbhome.com
Office: 972-293-0655 You should also look in KB’s Greenleaf Village I and II Just north if Cedar Hill in Dallas. established neighborhood with HOA. 10 minutes from down town and 15 minutes from Cowboy Stadium. Most affordable homes in Dallas Best location in DFW .You won’t be disappointed. Call me or email and I will inform you about the best kept secret in Dallas

Derrick Gibson
Affordable Housing Specialist
Century 21 Judge fite
214-271-5758
Web Reference: http://www.dagibson.com
My opinion would be that not all that often folks are concerned with who the builder was as long as the home has been well maintained. Especially when you are more than 8 years out of completion. If you are going below market value it may be good to see what other houses in the area look like and possibly put some upgrades to match those for the future or when you are ready to resale.

If you are not working with a Realtor yet I would love to help you put an offer in. As an added bonus I rebate 20% of my commission to all my buyers.

RJ
214-682-0598