Brenda, Home Buyer in 19701

I am looking at new home construction in Bear Delaware. Can I make an offer on the price of a new construction home?

Asked by Brenda, 19701 Mon Oct 19, 2009

Answers

5
I would also caution you not to let the builder bully you into using their lender. They will say you can get incentive for using their lender such as upgrades or settlement help. Builders are struggling so you have the upper hand. Tell them you want all the extras and also want to be able to select your own lender.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 21, 2009
Absolutely Brenda! The builders are in the business of selling their construction. Please use a Realtor as we have the negotiating experience you'll need with any home purchase.
If I can be of any assistance, please call on me. http://www.karenmordus.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 20, 2009
Everything is negotiable Brenda but it must be done properly. Hope you are using a Realtor, they will not be an expense to you and builders will work with them. This will usuallykeeps the negotiations from getting out of hand. My answer to your question is to sign on with A Realtor you feel comfortable with, Then with your Realtor present pick the options you wish to add into the home have thbuilder or builder's agent show you the full price that the builder will be asking for the home. Most builders will not acknowledge your Realtor if you have visited the site for the first time without that Realtor present.
Brenda,

You can make an offer, but it's going to be more of a negotiation. Some things you can negotitate, e.g., if you are a 1st time homebuyer and the home will be built after the tax credit runs out, ask the builder to reimburse you that amount, what extras will they include, etc. etc. New home builders are very willing to work with buyers and negotiate the price since they know you can always go somewhere else.

If I can help with your purchase, please give me a call.
Web Reference: http://www.jroark.com
Brenda

Yes...and they may also counter offer, so be prepared to do some smart negoitating

Cathy