Home Buying in Ellicott City>Question Details

jhjeon, Home Buyer in Ellicott City, MD

I am looking at condo (town home style) at Waverly Woods. I want to make sure that they would not have any special assessment for this type of condo.

Asked by jhjeon, Ellicott City, MD Mon Nov 5, 2012

Answers

2
Vance Blakely’s answer
It sounds like your objective is to not be responsible for any special assessments while you are renting. Since there is no way to guarantee that a condo association does not impose special assessments during your lease, you may want to negotiate the terms of the lease to exclude yourself from being responsible for any additional fees during your lease. To be sure what you are responsible for, have an attorney review the lease prior to signing.
The last few transactions I have dealt with in that area, there have not been any special assessments, but those are things that can occur at any time based upon a vote of the condo board. That is also something that would have to be disclosed as part of the contract via the listing agent. Most of the townhomes there are NOT condos, but some are. If you would like more information, please let me know, and have a great day!