Home Buying in 84314>Question Details

Carol, Home Buyer in Preston, ID

I am looking at buying a house that, technically, could be condemned. The owners of the property, want more than it is worth. How do I negotiate down?

Asked by Carol, Preston, ID Sat Jan 14, 2012

I have been living in my house for over 15 years. My husband walked out on the family, 6 yrs ago, and the house went into foreclosure. I found someone willing to help me buy the house, but they want three times the amount of money they bought it for, two years ago. I thought I was paying monthly payments to repurchase the property, but found out I have only been "renting" for two years. I want to get out from underneath this "investor", by buying it outright. I have been doing all the upkeep, maintenance and repairs on the house without compensation or "rent reduction" and just want to get a fair deal on the property.

Help the community by answering this question:



Yes, I'd get legal advice here. I wouldn't go this alone. You can check the website below to help you find an attorney.

Also, check:

These 2 were recommended to me by other Realtors.

I hope everything works out for you and your family.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 14, 2012
How do you negotiate anything, Carol?

The first thing I would do, Tuesday morning, is call a real estate attorney. Most attorneys, Carol, will give you 15 minutes free. You will certainly want to ask them about the monthly payments thing.

You can't force a seller to sell at a price, but you may have some rights that you (and I) are unaware of. Don't go this alone.

All the best,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 14, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer