Home Buying in Ventnor City>Question Details

Andy, Home Buyer in Wynnewood, PA

I am looking at a house on Ventnor Ave and was wondering if that area is prone to flooding. The house is at 8003 block on ventnor ave. 7 blocks from

Asked by Andy, Wynnewood, PA Wed Jan 27, 2010

margate. Is this area known for flooding? I am also looking at a house on oxford ave in ventnor heights. Which area would be better? Thanks.

Answers

2
no - Sandy never happened - daaaaaah
Hi Andy,
The entire island is prone to flooding especially if we have a bad storm. However, many of the areas in Ventnor, especially along Ventnor Ave, are at a higher elevation that other parts of the city, making flooding less likely. Ventnor Heights floods a bit more than the island but again it depends on the elevation of the home you are looking at. I recommend that you ask the homeowner or request a seller's disclosure form on the homes you are thinking about buying as they owner may indicate if they experience flooding, especially if they have a basement . I also recommend that you drive by the next time we have a storm. I happy to discuss in more detail with you, please feel free to call me if I can provide more assistance.

Tina Ercole LoBiondo
Farley and Ferry Real Estate