Kim, Home Buyer in 75009

I am looking at Dunhill Homes. They are not ranked by JD Powers. Can anyone tell me of experiences with Dunhill? Thanks! Kim

Asked by Kim, 75009 Tue Jan 31, 2012

Answers

10
My name is Chris Hartley and I am the VP of Sales for Dunhill Homes. I/We personally stand behind each home we build and know that the quality of home that was delivered to this homeowner was top notch. Yes, we had our struggles like most homebuilders do from time to time, but we stood by and did the right thing for this homeowner each and every step of the way. In addition, it was made very clear by this homeowner that they were not happy with the process, at which time we offered them a full refund of their earnest deposit if they chose to cancel their agreement. My phone number is very public and I welcome a phone call by any prospect that is interested in purchasing a home from Dunhill Homes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 20, 2013
So far they (Dunhill homes, Rhodes Ranch, Las Vegas) have been above board and a stickler for all details. They also move very fast on what they say they will do and keep to a very aggressive build schedule. The sales person has even been so kind as to send me pictures of our house being built as have our friends that own their Dunhill home in Rhodes Ranch. Our friends spoke highly of them and so far I have only good things to say. I will say that the prices are not low but it does seem like a nice community. Clean and well kept when we drove around. There are some older areas and many different home styles and sub 'areas' in the community and the rules that some may complain about are meant to keep the neighborhood and home values up. If a nice well kept guard gated community is what you want then with some good amenities also then this could be for you. If you want to keep your quads in the front yard and your motor home parked out front then this obviously is not for you and cannot be faulted for that. Plan carefully and buy what is right for your situation and accept that. That being said I can only hope things continue to go well and that the 'preferred mortgage lender' does good by us and so far (no lock in yet) they have been friendly and informative and seem like a nice bunch. We have also spent some time with our friends that live their in their Dunhill home and it was nice and warm this winter and they have had it for about 1.5 years and no complaints.
Kim,
I am an Realtor, and a former master builder in the area, and I have sold multiple Dunhill Homes in the Tarrant county area. All of my clients have been amazed at Dunhill’s quality, detail, and energy efficiency of their homes! Dunhill Homes delivers an incredible product for its value price point, loaded with features that surpasses their competition. Do a comparison of standard features between the products you are considering, hire a professional to represent you, and I would bet that when it is all said and done Dunhill will be one of your top contenders!

Dunhill’s follow-up and warranty repair has been outstanding in the areas I have worked. I know most of the management staff at Dunhill and can assure you that they are people of their word. Construction is not a “perfection” industry, however Dunhill’s follow-up and commitment to excellence is very impressive!
Dear Kim,
I have just built a Dunhill SHACK! I am not even moved in yet but have closed on the property. The home is located in Little Elm, TX. Without getting long winded about all the problems and there were and still ARE nothing but PROBLEMS... RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THESE THEIFS AND LIARS. TRUST ME WE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. MY HEART IS BROKEN AFTER SPENDING OVER $230,000 THERE IS NO WORKMANSHIP, NO WORK ETHIC,
NO PRIDE IN THEIR WORK, NO TRUST, NO ONE CARES, NO SUPERVISION [1 BUILDER FOR 36 HOUSES BEING BUILT]. THESE PEOPLE ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY. THEIR GREED IS SICKENING. THEY WILL PROMISE YOU THE MOON AND THE STARS TO SIGN WITH THEM. ONCE THEY HAVE YOU IT'S DOWNHILL FROM THERE. THEY ARE ONTO THE NEXT SUCKER SINCE THEY HAVE YOU ROPED IN ALREADY. THE HOUSES ARE ADVERTIZED AS SEMI CUSTOM AND HIGHER QUALITY. DON'T BELIEVE IT! EVERYTHING IS AN UPGRADE. THE SELECTION AT THE DESIGN CENTER IS AN AUTROCITY.YES THEY DO GIVE YOU GRANITE [IF YOU WANT PUTRID COLORS...PINKS, ETC?]. YOU WILL SPEND A FORTUNE UNTIL YOU GET REASONABLY GOOD QUALITY AND DECENT SELECTIONS. THE FINISH WORK IS OF THE QUALITY OF A HIGH SCHOOL VO-TECH STUDENT. I AM NOT KIDDING! THE WOODWORK, THE PAINTING, THE CAULKING, THE SLOPPY WORK, TERRIBLE TILE WORK INSTALLITION. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW BAD THIS COMPANY IS. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE IT'S FREE. FIND YOURSELF ANOTHER BUILDER. I WISH TO HELL I HAD!!!

BROKE AND BROKEN HEARTED IN TEXAS!
Not sure how active this website still is but if anyone is looking at the Dunhill Homes in Isabella Village in Savannah, TX I would recommend looking elsewhere. We purchased our home and closed in March, 2015....at 10 months later we are still having issues with the drainage on the side of the home, repair work inside, etc....definitely would not recommend the builder. As for the neighborhood it is delightful with amazing neighbors so that part has been good but you will sacrifice a home of quality for this positive side. Please fee free to contact me if anyone reading this has specific questions as I would be happy to discuss them with you. Salmonoids@yahoo.com
Flag Thu Jan 7, 2016
I so agree with this.....I signed in January and I still don't even have a slab laid yet.....they first tried to blame it on the rain but rain did not stop them from building 2 sped homes across the street from where my home is supposed to be. They have all kinds of excuses why they have not built my house yet.
The model looks great but to get model quality of a home you must invest an additional $10,000 worth of upgrades.
AGREED.....RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN.
Flag Fri Apr 17, 2015
Oh my goodness Kim--we are going through this right now---very frustrating! My hubby and I could have written this word FOR word--no one EVER returns a phone call--I have been trying all morning to get in contact anyone and everyone at Nathan Carlisle homes--and still nothing!! Not feeling good about this--and I would not use a realtor as a reference--he/she is getting a kick of the money--3%--that could sway me to say nice things! The sad reality--we have ALREADY sold our home and have been living in temporary living since Oct--I am devastated to say the least!!!
Flag Thu Feb 27, 2014
We moved into a new "active adult" section of Savannah community in Aubrey/Savannah TX. It's within a single family development but independent as well. Our experience was pretty good. The community is great. The Amenity Center is incredible here. The builder takes pride in using good quality products. Our electric bill in an 1852 sq ft house is only $57! Our windows tilt inward as well. As with any builder that is doing new construction you always have some glitches along the way. I would recommend them in our neighborhood
Kim,
I agree with Bruce! You can get some really great information just by asking the neighbors. They live there, and they will help you guage your interest just in casual conversation. Additionally, YOU SHOULD USE A REALTOR when you buy new construction. Take your Realtor with you on the first appointment (or at a minimum give the builder your Realtor's information that day) so that the builder has a record of who is representing you from the start. The builder representative is looking out for the builder's best interests...not yours. Your Realtor will help you negotiate a better deal, and provide valuable advice throughout the entire process.

If you want to check out the builder on-line you may also want to visit their website at: http://dunhillhomes.com/about_dunhill.php

If you don't already have a Realtor, and you want a competent Realtor with integrity to assist you, please give me a call. We would love to help you find a new home!

Melissa Hailey
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
North Texas Top Team, Realtors
214-418-0180
Melissa.Hailey@ColdwellBanker.com
Melissa, That is a flat out LIE "The builder representative is looking out for the builder's best interests...not yours. Your Realtor will help you negotiate a better deal. Shame on you for deceiving people. With or without Realtors the deal is the same. If you need you hand held or too busy making money then get a Realtor. I don't need a Realtor on A NEW Purchase, Period. USED House get an agent, Period.
Flag Thu May 8, 2014
Kim,

I think JD Powers is a neat company, but they're not the end all be all of knowing if you will get a quality home. I've seen them give low scores to some of the builders I thought were great and high scores to some of the builders that I thought not so great. One problem I also see with their scores is they don't talk about price points. They dump in all the builders together. Some are building $100,000 1st time homes, and some are building $1,000,000 move up homes. Others are building somewhere in between. There is often very very different quality between these builders. Also end the end I think it often comes down to lots and lots of other factors and not just the big builder name. In my experience it often depends on how busy the local "builder" or construction manager is and what their experience is. I've seen what I thought was a really great builder at a high price point spread the manager out during a slow period to three different communities in 3 different cities and that just stretched him too thin. If he was not in the neighborhood every day supervising the sub contractors, the quality was lower and there were lots more mistakes.
One thing I suggest is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use a realtor when purchasing a new home. There is typically no extra charge for you. In fact we will often save you time, money, and a lot of headaches. I always think it is also nice to have one more set of experienced eyes watching your project. If at all possible take on on your very first visit to the builder. Even if it is too late for this, we can often still step in to represent you if you haven't signed your contract yet. Check out http://tiny.cc/NewHome as to why you should have representation and some of the many issues that can go wrong when building.
Dunhill does not have a lot of history here from what I know. If I remember they just started building here about a year ago. In the downturn from about 5 years ago there were many builders who went out of business or pulled out, and several smaller new builders popped up. They are one of the new ones.
One suggestion I might have is take a walk through the neighborhood about 5p-6pm or on a Saturday afternoon. If people are out, stop and talk to them. They'll often be your best resource of information. Not always, but sometimes you'll learn great info. You just have to take it with a grain of salt as you don't know their experience or where they came from.
For more new homes in Celina check out the link below.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I would recommend BBB.org
Professional code of ethics prevents any Realtor to answer that question. Recommend to Google search.

Celina homes for sale by owner Celina
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5057188

Lynn911.com
972 - 699 -9111