Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

Terrice, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I am living in Hong Kong, looking for a buyer agent who help me to buy a full cash foreclosure vocation home in Portland, anyone interested?

Asked by Terrice, New York, NY Fri Dec 21, 2012

I have found several units from the other web site which I am interested, prefer small size (even 300 SQFT) like studio to cut down the HOA cost and tax, building with the favor of abatement tax would be perfect. The building with rental cap would be even better. Wanna enjoy the advantage of Cash, and no time frame, so a foreclosure or short sale unit is all my favor. Have to be in Downtown because I don't drive. Kind of difficult, any buyer agent is interested, please drop me a line.

Answers

13
Michael McBarron’s answer
Terrice,
If you want to act fast a short sale is NOT the option to pursue. You can find great short sale deals but they are time consuming ansd frustrating. Bank owned are a better option.

Cash is great for a foreclosure. But to get a true foreclosure at the foreclosure sale you have to appear at the courthouse stairs and participate in an auction.
Michael McBarron
I can help you but only in Virginia.
The Real Estate here is rising up 20% to 40% some areas.
Hi Terrice,

It is important to find an agent who really knows the ins and outs of the buildings in Downtown, The Pearl District, Uptown and The South Waterfront. There are lots of great options out there. But I don't think it is as much about the ability to find options as much as it is market knowledge. You want a true advocate on your side, plus someone you enjoy being with while you go through the process. Please check out my website http://www.urbanvue.com. I specialize in what you are looking for. If you'd like to set up a consultation to get to know me better, feel free to drop me a text or an email. I would love the opportunity to serve your needs.
Web Reference: http://www.urbanvue.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
Thanks Linda,
I know Portland very well and I need to come here 3 times a year, each time stay here more than a month. It is the main reason I want to buy a place here instead of renting or staying in the hotel.
My preference
1) studio, smaller the better to cut the cost of HOA and tax
2) In downtown, I don't drive
3) After I review the past transaction this few months, I find it is possible to find some units in downtown as low as $64,000 to $82,000 if they are short sale or REO, I could pay Cash, so want to use it as the advantage to find something around that range. Also, I don't have time frame, so I could wait.
4) Prefer no rent cap or building tax abatement

Some units in downtown would fit my preference, they are
1) 20 NW 16th ave Empress Condo
2) 2015 NW Flanders Street Embassy (only one available now, it is a bit over-priced)
3)Irving Condo

I only find those building right now are all foreclosure, it is why I try to find if there is any buyer broker want to work with me. For the price and commission, I assume it might be difficult to help the agent willing to do...!
I will see what I can come up with for you and start an ongoing search also. I will need to send you some forms required by our Oregon Real Estate agency soon if we engage in any detailed communication.

Tom DeVilliers, Principal Broker
"Your Real Estate Advisor for Life!"
Keller Williams Realty Portland
Oregon Licensed Broker
Portland, Oregon
C 503.969.2459 | F 503.924.3472

Tom DeVilliers, Principal Broker
"Your Real Estate Advisor for Life!"
Keller Williams Realty Portland
Oregon Licensed Broker
Portland, Oregon
C 503.969.2459 | F 503.924.3472
Please take a look at my website http://www.internationalrelopdx.com - I work with folks who are looking to relocate domestically and internationally. Tell me more about your situation? I am presuming you are familiar with the Portland area and all that it has to offer. Do you have friends or family in the area? Will you strictly have this as a second home or are you interested in renting the condo to others? Some Associations have restrictions in place that will make a difference in your choices.

Here is an fantastic location in downtown Pdx, that is right on the street car line and convenient to everything you need. It is not a Short Sale or Foreclosure, but and excellent opportunity with deeded parking and storage, which you could sell to someone else. http://lindaheinrichs.equitygroup.com/mls= 12482381
I have checked the public MLS listing, there is nothing I really want, in fact, there are not too many listing right now.
Since I could pay cash, I want to use this advantage to buy foreclosure units.
I have searched the realtytrac web site and I find some foreclosure listings I want, are you able to help me look into these listings and then see what I could do.

The listings I find:
1) 20 NW 16th #211
2) 20 NW 16th #212
3) 2015 NW Flanders Street #402
all of those lists are bank owned and not in the market yet

Terrice
This one may suit you well. It is in North Portland and the builder does very quality work. It qualifies for the ten year tax abatement if you buy as owner occupied. MLS#12032908

Would love to help if you have any questions.

Tom DeVilliers, Principal Broker
"Your Real Estate Advisor for Life!"
Keller Williams Realty Portland
Oregon Licensed Broker
Portland, Oregon
C 503.969.2459 | F 503.924.3472
Sorry Tom, I am looking for a small studio condo in downtown area, prefer pre war style, under $120,000, size is not an issue, could accept 300 sq ft, location location and location, and that is why I am so attracted to the short sale MLS# 12641233. I just wonder is this time a good time to search for condo, not much left, many are over-priced...! I have checked the listing everyday, and this is why I try to find the foreclosure units owned by the bank.
Flag Fri Dec 21, 2012
There are pretty good chances to find something in the way you'd like but it depends on the money you'd like to spend on a the condo. The market in downtown Portland is not so cheap. If you can provide me with a little more it will be great. If you'd like to contact me please feel free to do so.
Dragos Tavirlau - Great Western Real Estate Co.
Dear Terrice,
I can help you. I'd love to be your buyer's agent. I have lots of experience with foreclosures. You can see them all on my website. Your can search the whole market place in real time through my website, as it is a direct portal to the RMLS(Regional Multiple Listing Service), so feel free to log onto: http://www.OregonRealEstateByJewel.com . Email me through the site with questions about any property. Save searches there. Favorite listings, notes to yourself etc.. Please let me know exactly , what, where, and your budget. 503-936-2432
I would be than happy to help you. Email me and I can explain further what you need to do to complete an earnest money. We have some fixed property tax buildings that have frozen taxes for 15 years then the building owners have to reapply. Our smallest units are about 450 sq ft. Send an email and I will let you know what is available and we can talk about what you are looking for and how that fits Portland. Our market is very tight and it is a great rental area with rents downtown about $2 and up a foot.
Tom Inglesby, Broker
RE/MAX Equity Group
Hi terrace are you looking for a home or a appartment or condo?