Home Buying in Lawrence>Question Details

Virginia, Other/Just Looking in Lawrence, MA

I am legally married to my husband. We have always filed our taxes together. He currently owns a home with

Asked by Virginia, Lawrence, MA Sat Aug 23, 2008

his brother, that we reside in. My husband's brother has claimed the house on his taxes since they have owned it...a little under two years. His brother no longer wants to own the property, due to financial reasons. I would like to buy a single family for ourselves and our two children. Can I qualify for a first time home owner loan?

Help the community by answering this question:


Scott Godzyk’s answer
I dont see why not. Your best bet is to find a trusted mortgage broker, and not an internet lender and ask them what programs they have to assist you. There also should be a state housing authority in VA that can assist you with their programs. Good luck on your purchase.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 23, 2008
call me.
there are several criteria for qualifying for a FIRST time home buyer.

Tino Martinez
First Capital Mortgage
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 23, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer