D19racing, Home Buyer in Alpharetta, GA

I am intrested in the Whitfield community by Legendary homes in cumming ga, 30040.

Asked by D19racing, Alpharetta, GA Mon Aug 20, 2012

Hi I am very intrested in the Whitfield community by Legendary homes in cumming ga, 30040. Anyone has any thoughts (feedback) to share on this community and this builder. It would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for some reviews.

Answers

10
I would say think many times before you buy from legendary... They will trick you from sale to warranty service. Horrible service. All sales agent , broken all are fooling customer.
I have few friends in legendary communities at Estates at old Atlanta. There are lot of issues with quality and cheap material being used. I would advise you to visit this community at cumming and then decide.
Newhome buyer
I recently sold a home in Whitfield with Legendary Homes. Beautiful home and great construction. The Buyer's are very happy with the builder and their new home. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the builder because I have worked with them in another neighborhood that they are building new homes.
Lori, did u ever visit customer after selling house :). After sales service and warranty is pathetic.
Flag Tue Aug 19, 2014
what Legendary neighborhood are they building new homes?
Flag Thu Mar 21, 2013
I could write a lot of fluff about the community and how I can help you, but you seem to know about this community and have a big interest in it. Want to see the homes there, right now there are three resale homes on the market. I'd be happy to help you out, so schedule a meeting with me and let's talk about your plans. Otherwise, best of luck in your search.
Hi d19racing, I would like the opportunity to speak with you about D.R. Horton communities in the 30040 zip code. We have The Park at Kelly Mill, Fowler Mill, Wild Meadows, Settler's Lake, and Bridgetowne. We are the #1 Builder in the Nation since 2001 and Builder of the Year for 2011,voted by Builder's Magazine, and are also the #1 builder in Atlanta. As you can see, you couldn't be in better hands! Please check out our web site at http://www.drhorton.com for your next community or you may call me directly at 404-312-6429.

Carolyn Fountaine
D.R. Horton
cvfountaine@drhorton.com
404-312-6429
When do you want to buy? Where are you moving from?

I live just a few miles from Whitfield and know the subdivision well.

There is no pool or tennis but there is a little park / playground area. Legendary was not the developer and is at least the 2nd or 3rd builder to build in this neighborhood. There are only a few lots left in this community and to my knowledge Legendary has no standing inventory currently. There are two resales currently for sale in the subdivision priced at $239,900 and $255,000.

My team and I would be happy to set up a showing for you to view these homes and assist you in your search and more importantly with your contract, price negotiations and inspections. As stated in the other answers, having a licensed REALTOR represent you as your Buyer's Agent, costs you nothing. The seller, builder or resale, has agreed to pay the listing broker a commission for the sale of their home and the Buyer's agents are paid out of this already agreed commission. The listing agent may be the nicest person in the world but by law they owe fidicuary responsibility to their client, the seller. This means by law, a listing agent must work to get the best deal possible for their seller.

Please feel free to call or email us directly with any questions you might have and/or to schedule a showing of any homes you are interested in.

Thank You,
John Heath, REALTOR, GRI, e-Pro, CDPE, SFR
Your Results Team - RE/MAX All Properties
678-908-7002
http://www.NorthGaHomeFinder.com
I just sold a Legendary home in Hopewell Manor (a Forsyth community a little further north than Whitfield and really cute) and the buyers are really thrilled. The on-site person, Lisa, was really helpful and knew her stuff (I believe she works both neighborhoods, as well).

I like the location of Whitfield a lot and think it will be good for resale in the future. It's convenient to Hwy 400, good schools and shopping. They have some great floor plans (my buyers chose the Patterson, which is the model plan at Hopewell Manor) with a ton of square footage, the best combination we found in this price range in Forsyth. We are building from scratch, so the jury is still out on performance, but so far, it's been a good experience (they have done everything as promised).

Keep in mind the lot it very important, so make sure you pick a good one. I liked how Legendary included most of the upgrades that people normally pick in their base price.

We did a pretty extensive search all over Forsyth and Hall Counties in the $200,000-$250,000 range and came up with Legendary as #1, all thing considered.

Hope this helps!

Kathy

Katherine L. Morrison, Realtor
Broker/Owner
Team Realty Group
Alpharetta, GA
404-697-4626 direct
kathy@chipandkathy.com
We have sold homes in this Whitfield community and other than having to close in Douglasville with their attorneys, it was a smooth transition. We were also able to negotiate reduced closing costs and price. My clients have been very happy in Whitfield. Even though community does not have a swimming pool, the location is really good. We are not sure if you have a Realtor representing you, but you are entitled to your own free exclusive realtor representation because the onsite agent represents the builder, not YOU. We would love to assist you.