Home Buying in Stamford>Question Details

Barbara, Home Buyer in Jones, OK

I am interested to buy house in Westover, Stamford

Asked by Barbara, Jones, OK Tue Jul 8, 2008

I found very nice waterfront house in London ln, Stamford. Is that good area? Actually, I am not familiar in Stamford area. I just moved to CT couple months ago.

Answers

4
Rich Hamlin, e-PRO, C.B.A.’s answer
Barbara,

The Westover area in Stamford is a wonderful area. There are many excellent neighborhoods, and a couple of private residential communities, as well. Westover Road is a busy North/South artery, and will be busy at rush hours. So will Stillwater Road to the East of Westover Road. These arteries feed these great neighborhoods, making getting in and out rather good.

Zoning wise, not all properties are one-acre properties. Some are smaller to much smaller, but the entire area is great. One-acre properties are often compared with those in North Stamford, North of the Merritt Parkway. The Westover area is a good location for those using the Old Greenwich train station, or needing regular access to I-95.

Directly to the West of Westover Road is the Stamford/Greenwich line. Check out the home page on the site below to compare the mean home prices of Stamford with Greenwich, and you'll see why some folks like to be close to Greenwich.
Barbara, sounds like you are getting lots of advice about Westover. Westover is one of the best located areas in Stamford, convenient to downtown, but with privacy and lots of greenery. The London Lane home had a broker's open house today. It is a very unusual, 5 bedroom split, with many updates, on a 1/4 acre of land. The back yard borders a river. I have lived in Stamford for many years and know the area very well. Please contact me and I will be pleased to discuss your requirements in more detail.
Les Gordon
Juner Properties
203-561-3042
les@juner.com
Web Reference: http://www.juner.com
Welcome to CT and especially Stamford. It's a great city and I'm sure you'll be happy here. The London Ln home is a nice house in a sought after area (Westover). I also have a home in the Westover area on, Westover Lane that is not currently on the market, but will be soon. If you would like to preview it, let me know. It's a wonderful 4 bd, 2 full 1 half bth, huge family and living room, eat in kitchen and large dinning room. 2 wood burning fireplaces and a massive playroom w/ basement. If I can be of serve let me know.

Gary McIntosh
McIntosh Realty
Keller Williams
60 Long Ridge Rd
Stamford, CT 06902
(203) 979-2132
gmcintosh@kw.com
http://www.mcintosh-realty.com
Dear Barbara, I just got back from previewing the house on London Lane! It is a good house in a sought after area of Stamford. Do you need 5 bedrooms? I've been selling real estate in Stamford for over 10 years. If I can be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact. me and/or visit my website.
Catherine Richardson
203-249-1512