Home Buying in Golden Valley>Question Details

Monika, Home Buyer in Minneapolis, MN

I am interested in two properties - 1) 1720 Gettysburg,golden valley,MN 55427 and 2)8005 victoria lane, St.

Asked by Monika, Minneapolis, MN Mon Feb 25, 2008

louis park,MN 55426. Could you please let me know which one is a better buy considering the location, price and resale. Thanks so much. Min

Answers

5
Hello Monika,

Good morning.

Are you still looking at the two properties 1720 Gettysburg, Golden Valley, MN 55427 and 8005 Victoria Lane St. Are you still in the market to buy a home? If so, I would love to see if we can help you out. Do you have a realtor yet? If not we have preferred ones we can get you in contact with. I would like to see if I can help you out with a home mortgage. I will try and make this a very easy process. Please let me know how to help out.
Thanks much.
Josh Lund
MN District Branch Manager
NMLS # 387408
Gold Star Financial Group
Mobile: 612.802.3265
Office: 952.884.5442
eFax: 877.666.0007
jlund@goldstarfinancial.com
Hi Monika......

They both have good points! Before I'd comment on which I like better or what would be my choice, I'd want to see them first hand. So many times, I see a great property on mls, only to be incredibly dissapointed when I go to see it. The camera can somethimes do wonders.

I would do as Michael suggested though also, get a qualified Realtor in your camp and on your side and have them do a market on each home.

Chances are, the decision will become much easier, if you do those few simple things!

I wish you the bvest in your decision and if I can be of help....please ask.

Thanks, Todd Norsted http://www.toddnorsted.com
Web Reference: http://www.toddnorsted.com
Wow, what a question. I notice that one is a home with a very private back yard, but the other is an attached unit with a very small back yard that is shared by surrounding neighbors. A better buy will be best decided on what type of privacy you would like, and if you want to be near train tracks. Both homes, from interior photos look nice.

It is hard for us as Realtors to give you advice on which one to choose. We don't represent you, and telling you which one to pick would be unprofessional, and could be violating any agency relationship you have with another Realtor. My best advice is to seek a Buyer's Representative who can represent you, and ask them to look at the sold market for 2007, giving you some idea on pricing trends.
Monica,
Are you working with a Realtor? If so have them do a market analysis on both homes and see what the results are. Without seeing the homes and doing the research it's hard to answer your question. It is a big decision, I would get representation before proceeding.
Michael Doyle
Oh that's a tough one... both are in-fill developments with significantly contrasting properties just barely out your door. St. Louis Park has the better location but has a train track behind it that regardless of usage will make some buyers nervous.

Gettysburg Ct backs to trees & is brand new... Victoria Ln is a little bigger but 9 years old. They both have strengths & weaknesses but will both have desirable features for buyers in the future. My lean would be to the house in Golden Valley for the privacy of the back lot but if location is critical to you, you cannot beat the St Louis Park unit.