Home Buying in West End>Question Details

buyerDCDownt…, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

I am interested in the Ritz in West End. I have two small children. I was also considering Rosslyn/Clarendon, Old Town, or Chevy Chase

Asked by buyerDCDowntown, Washington, DC Sun Jan 27, 2013

does anybody have insight as to the bldg in particular, such as:
- how would my demographic fit in with residents there?
- what about the bldg quality such as soundproofing, are the windows able to keep air in during winter (a problem I've had in other bldgs in DC), water pressure, condo association, etc.?
- what about the location long-term for two small children (I plan to use private schools later)

Answers

5
Hillary Nash’s answer
Have you had a chance to view the residences at the Ritz yet? It's much easier to get some of the questions you are interested in answered when you are actually in the building viewing what is available. There are plenty of amenities that you may view as a benefit to you and your children.

My recommendation would to be to familiarize yourself with these different neighborhoods, and then prioritize your needs for a home. I am fairly certain that you would be able to find a great home in all of these neighborhoods, so it makes life easier when you are comfortable with where you are going to be.

I have included a link to a website that might be helpful. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

http://www.dcurbanmom.com/

I hope this information was helpful!

Hillary Nash McAuley
Nash Holdings Co.
Exit Elite Realty
202.907.7301 c
exitelitemd.com
Hi

All those areas offer a lot, it depends on what you are looking for. The Ritz has the LA Sports Club, two restaurants, the hotel in the building, as well as the Foggy Bottom metro a short walk away. It is a busy area with lots going on. As agents we cannot talk about demographics, it is against our code of ethics. I would recommend visiting the building/neighborhood at different times of day so you can get an idea of the area.

Rosslyn has two newer high-end buildings, the Turnberry and Waterview, as well as newly constructed Gaslight Square which is between Rosslyn and Court House.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, I would be happy to go into more details about different buildings/properties in these various areas with you.

Melissa
mbarkalow@comcast.net
202.285.9479
May I ask that you contact me to help you find a new home? miekeba@heymannrealty.com
It all depends on what your requirements/expectations are and what the current market has to offer. Many of my rental clients, in general, compromise a lot since they often find the DC rents very high. Some are limited to a certain public school district or proximity to work, etc. For others, views from the windows, quietness or neighborhood might be more important. In short, everyone has different requirements or expectations!

Please contact me so that I know exactly what you're looking for your new place so that I can server you better.
Many people are very satisfied with living in those areas. I would be happy to help you view things and talk to some neighbors etc..