Home Buying in Caledonia>Question Details

Tony, Home Buyer in Caledonia, NY

I am interested in purchising a house that has been vacant for 4 plus years. I do go about finding out who the owner of this house so I can proceed?

Asked by Tony, Caledonia, NY Tue Mar 27, 2012

Answers

4
i have solo property in local area. and its freeze, so can i transfer to another person.
You can check local public records, tax records, ask a neighbor(s), or consider working with an agent of your own, especially if the property is listed on the open market.
I am assuming it is not currently listed for sale because if it was why would you care who owned it. You will need to do a search of county records to find the owner. If you have a good county website with owners names and addresses it will be easy, if not it won't be so easy.
Check the Register Of Deeds; they will have the information on this home. Any local agent can do this footwork for you and let you now a ton of information about the property. If you need the name and number of a great agent there contact me. They will help.